MX 4800 shut down, threw codes, and easy repair

captmikem

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660 MX 4800 and a bunch of attachments.
Mar 16, 2017
SW Washington State.
I was out working in the woods today, had the grapple on and was clearing brush. Tractor stopped running, little red engine light on the right side was illuminated throwing codes:

P0627 - Fuel Pump 'A' Control Circuit/Open

P0087 low fuel rail pressure

P2293 no idea what this code is.

Noticed there was a little water in the bottom of the fuel filter and the indicator was up to the "drain" line. cleaned and drained it, filled it and it fired right up. red light still on, RPM limited to 1800.

Loaded it up and took it home, thinking changing fuel filter and trouble shooting.

I thought I should check all the connections first, found this connector, ' Suction Control Valve Sensor Connector ' had come off, probably pushed off by a limb sticking into the compartment.

kubota sensor.jpg

hooked it back up, fired up with no codes and no lights.

Lucky this time

Reactions: 2 users

Kreyn1978

Equipment
Mx5400
Feb 14, 2022
USA
Thanks for the info and I was hoping that would be my problem as well. Unfortunately, it wasn’t. Checked the connection and it was on as it should be. Cranked it and seemed to run fine without any warning lights but still is showing the same two codes. Negative Battery cable was loose, I tightened it hoping that would solve the issue, but I wasn’t that lucky. Didn’t want to run it long, since the dealer advised to only run it long enough to pull on trailer so it wouldn’t cause major damage if water or trash was in fuel since these items aren’t covered under the warranty or ktac insurance. I checked the fuel sediment bowl and ther isn’t any water or trash that I can see and the red float is sitting at the bottom.

captmikem

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 16, 2017
SW Washington State.
Thanks for the info and I was hoping that would be my problem as well. Unfortunately, it wasn’t. Checked the connection and it was on as it should be. Cranked it and seemed to run fine without any warning lights but still is showing the same two codes. Negative Battery cable was loose, I tightened it hoping that would solve the issue, but I wasn’t that lucky. Didn’t want to run it long, since the dealer advised to only run it long enough to pull on trailer so it wouldn’t cause major damage if water or trash was in fuel since these items aren’t covered under the warranty or ktac insurance. I checked the fuel sediment bowl and ther isn’t any water or trash that I can see and the red float is sitting at the bottom.
Might also check the Common Rail Sensor Connector
worth a try.
Note, I had to clear the codes after replacing the connector.
Easy to clear the codes, let me know if you need to know the procedure .
Good luck.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kreyn1978

Equipment
Mx5400
Feb 14, 2022
USA
Thanks for the info. I will check that sensor. What is the procedure for clearing the codes?

captmikem

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 16, 2017
SW Washington State.
Thanks for the info. I will check that sensor. What is the procedure for clearing the codes?
With the Tractor off, hold down the two orange square DPF buttons on the left side of the wheel while turning the ign switch 'on'.
release the two buttons, you should have an 'a' in the display.

Push the right DPF button once, you should have a 'b' in the display.

Push and hold the right DPF button for two to three seconds, you should see a 'PUSH' in the display.

Push and hold the right DPF button for two to three seconds, you should see an 'OFF in the display.

Turn the switch off, codes should be cleared.

Note, when you first start this, after holding both buttons down, the right button pushed and let go scrolls through your options:
a - Test Mode
b - Error Information Clear Mode
c - Acceleration Sensor Fine Adjustment Mode
d - Tractor Model Select Mode.

So make sure you have a 'b' in the display before push-and-holding the right button

until you push and hold the right button you have done nothing and can always just switch off and start again.

M

ruger1980

Equipment
L4310 w/La682, L225
Oct 25, 2020
CNY

What are the 2 codes that are displayed? If the same as the first 2 in the OP's post you have an open circuit to the SCV.