Multiple credit inquiries?

Royjr

Oct 28, 2021
Texas
I’m in the process of buying a tractor. I completed an application when I ordered the tractor about a month ago and Kubota of course made a hard inquiry on my credit report. The tractor came in this week and we’re coordinating to have it delivered and I received a notification this morning that they made another hard inquiry on my credit report. Is it normal to have multiple inquiries for the same transaction on a tractor? I’m definitely used to this with mortgages, but wasn’t expecting it for a tractor.
Thank you in advance for your insight. This is my first post but I’ve been learning a lot reading while waiting on the tractor.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
They did the same to me. But they said the first one would be "soft". They lied. I ended up going to a different dealer because of his bull----.

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
Luckily that didn’t happen to me. I did My paper work in March when I ordered all my stuff, and when some of it came in on august 1st i got A load for the tractor and box grader, they split my stuff up into three different loans, but didn’t have to run my credit again or anything

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I ordered a new MX6000 back in July and Kubota ran a credit check for the 0% financing but I noticed at least four more credit checks from Kubota since then. I've added a few items to the order since the initial order and each time it sets off a new credit check. It really doesn't matter much to me though since I'm already approved for the new tractor and I'm not buying anything else where all of those hits would hurt me.

Reactions: 1 user

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
On the opposite end of the spectrum, I bought everything on my signature in one transaction via remote electronic signature in Feb 2021 with the 0 down / 0%. My credit reports never (still do not) showed a inquiry by Kubota or the dealership. I presume they did a soft inquiry, and then for whatever reason they
stopped.

What were you guys doing - trying to give them a post dated two-party check drawn on a Nigerian bank? :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
I’m in the process of buying a tractor. I completed an application when I ordered the tractor about a month ago and Kubota of course made a hard inquiry on my credit report. The tractor came in this week and we’re coordinating to have it delivered and I received a notification this morning that they made another hard inquiry on my credit report. Is it normal to have multiple inquiries for the same transaction on a tractor? I’m definitely used to this with mortgages, but wasn’t expecting it for a tractor.
Thank you in advance for your insight. This is my first post but I’ve been learning a lot reading while waiting on the tractor.
Mine was just 1 initial one and it is good for 30d. It may be a Kubota Corp policy that it be pulled again if more than a month has gone by.

How long after the initial inquiry did you finish all of the paperwork (sign the documents, etc).

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I never asked or would have known if they had performed a hard or soft credit check when I bought and financed my new machine a few months ago. I work for a bank and could care less. The approval for purchase was made in under 10 minutes while we were talking tractor talk. All in all a simple and pleasant experience. Now buying a Ford F150 I would compare to a colonoscopy. Time consuming and unpleasant from start to finish. And no I don't know how many or what kind of credit check was performed for that either. I try and think about the big picture and not let the details slow me down. I find my short attention span that was a hinderance in my formative years quite beneficial now. I got lucky I guess.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Update: I checked with my dealer and he said yes after 30d it is Kubota Credit Corp policy that a new report must be pulled. As long as you sign paperwork before that 30d you are good, even if delivery is still further out.

D

Deleted member 47704

Kubota did 3 hard pulls ,dropped my credit 30ish points