Mower mount issue

Newf123

Equipment
BX 2380
Oct 12, 2019
Glenboro
Hello everyone. I have a kabota bx 2380 with a loader and mid mount mower. My mower mount came undone and the pto shaft came out of the sleeve. I am unable to reconnect the shaft and sleeve as it is stuck. Need to get it back together as I have over a foot of wet snow in the yard. Any suggestions?

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
I know nothing about a mid mount PTO shaft. I do know a regular rear mount PTO shaft is kind of keyed. It will only go back together if properly aligned. Since there are only three splines it's not a difficult matter to see which one is the odd one and align it. If you're unaware of the keying system you'll never reassemble one, though.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
There should be a collar that has to be pulled back as you put the drive shaft back on the PTO shaft. The collar is supposed to lock in the rearward position until it is on the PTO shaft but often dirt prevents it from locking. You just have to hold the collar back while you slide the drive shaft back on the PTO shaft. This part of the drive shaft is not "keyed" and should go back on in any position. There should be a description of this in your owners manual.

Captainuno

Equipment
Kubota L3350DT/New Holland TC30
Oct 12, 2019
Southern California
Like said on previous post the PTO shaft only goes together 1 way. Look at the female sleeve and the male shaft, align the bearing caps on each end of the shafts, it should slide in, if it doesn't, turn one of the shafts 180 degrees. The bearing caps must be aligned.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
The partt of the drive shaft that slides in the splines is indeed keyed. The part that attaches to the PTO shaft is not keyed.