Mower Deck RC72-F24

Patrick Burns

Equipment
mowing
Jun 9, 2012
Medford, OR, USA
I operate and service an older model Kubota F2400-1 with a deck attachment Model RC72-F24. The gear box on the deck has been rebuilt at least once that I am aware of. Is this particular gear box prone to leaking from the rear seal. In addition, has there been any recalls from the manufacture on this particular deck model? Ideas have come up from using thicker gear oil to throwing some sawdust into the gear box when topping off the gear oil. Any ideas and feedback will be appreciated. Mow Happy:D

klausorchard

Jan 21, 2015
Canada
I operate and service an older model Kubota F2400-1 with a deck attachment Model RC72-F24. The gear box on the deck has been rebuilt at least once that I am aware of. Is this particular gear box prone to leaking from the rear seal. :D
From what I read, gear box problems are not unheard of on these F models. I have an F2000 that came without the mower, again cause the gearbox broke on the previous owner. Given the other strengths of this tractor, a solution is a self powered tow behind mower like the the Swisher or Acrease models. On the latter, Acrease says owners have successfully converted them into push models.