Mower Arms not Lowering

MW3Designs

Equipment
BX1850
May 12, 2020
Utica, NY
Just picked up a BX1850 tractor, the previous owner was using it for snow, with bucket and a rear blade. He did not have the the deck on the mower when I picked it up. Got it home and proceeded to put the deck on, but the mower arms will not come down. The rear 3pt arms come down, but the mower arms under the tractor are not coming down. I am not going to lie, this is my first Kubota, and maybe I'm missing something. Previous owner used it for mowing mostly, but removed the deck every winter for snow. If anyone can help me out it would be appreciated.

There are also a few more things I need to address that I will be asking questions about I'm sure. Glad to be a new member here.

Tchess450

Equipment
BX23S with 60inch deck. implements, blade, forks, spreader, and more.
Jun 18, 2018
Pa
I don’t have much to offer. I have the same issue every spring. I just lift my deck up and latch it on. Then rise and lower it a few times to free them up.

The height control knob will lock them up also. Make sure it is set to the lowest sitting. Also you can pry down on them some while lowering.

MW3Designs

Equipment
BX1850
May 12, 2020
Utica, NY
I was able to lift the deck up, and get the mower arms connected. I stood on the deck with the arms in the lowest position, bounced a bit, and they did not budge. I didn't want to break anything. They are still stuck up as high as they can go. As for the height adjustment knob, it doesn't seem to stop if you turn it in either direction, does full rotations all the way around. I am going to get back out to the shop in the AM to fiddle with it.

Could the arms really be that stuck? I know winters here in NY are brutal, but I don't want to poke and pry too hard...

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
There is a control knob behind your left leg that has numbers on it,,, most likely he had the control set up so the ares do not move with the 3 pt,, Soooo make sure you run the deck allll the way up untill you hear the pump start to by pass,squeal a little bit then turn the knob if I remember counter clock wise you should hear a click with each number, what this does is set the mower height. There is also another knob between your legs that controls how fast things go up and down,,I hope this helps

MW3Designs

Equipment
BX1850
May 12, 2020
Utica, NY
Are you sure that the height control knob is operating the height control, and not simply spinning on the shaft its attached to?

It is turning the linkage it’s connected to, I am going to have to peek under there to see what’s happening on the other end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MW3Designs

Equipment
BX1850
May 12, 2020
Utica, NY
There is a control knob behind your left leg that has numbers on it,,, most likely he had the control set up so the ares do not move with the 3 pt,, Soooo make sure you run the deck allll the way up untill you hear the pump start to by pass,squeal a little bit then turn the knob if I remember counter clock wise you should hear a click with each number, what this does is set the mower height. There is also another knob between your legs that controls how fast things go up and down,,I hope this helps

I will give it a shot, thanks for the info. Does that control knob only set the height when arms are all the way up?

You can set it so the arms stay up? That makes sense if using the rear arms for an implement.

MW3Designs

Equipment
BX1850
May 12, 2020
Utica, NY
I gave it a go this AM, arms still not coming down. I brought the system all the way up till i heard the bypass, changed the number on the dial control, and tried to put them down, nothing. I did this same thing for every dial setting, mower arms did not come down.

I sprayed some penetrant on the arms where they pivot, then will give it a go again shortly. Its almost like they are pinned or locked in the up position.

MW3Designs

Equipment
BX1850
May 12, 2020
Utica, NY
The only thing that makes sense is that it is stuck here, maybe wasnt lubed and rusted over winter?

MW3Designs

Equipment
BX1850
May 12, 2020
Utica, NY
Ok.... so after I unbolted the left side from the rear arm linkage the arm was moving fine, but the right side was stuck. Somehow the arm on the right went up high enough for the pin hole to hang up on another piece of the frame. I pulled it to the right and got it unstuck.