Mower Adjustment front to rear

SteveT

Equipment
BX2350
May 2, 2016
Bellville, Ohio
Just bought a BX2350 with a 60" MMM. I have the blades even side to side, but I can't get the front to rear adjusted. The rear part of the of the blade is 1" higher than the front of the blade. Manual doesn't seem to cover this adjustment. Tire pressure is correct and front bracket that holds the deck up is at 1.85" per the manual. Any ideas?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Just bought a BX2350 with a 60" MMM. I have the blades even side to side, but I can't get the front to rear adjusted. The rear part of the of the blade is 1" higher than the front of the blade. Manual doesn't seem to cover this adjustment. Tire pressure is correct and front bracket that holds the deck up is at 1.85" per the manual. Any ideas?
How did you measure the front/rear? In the position you cut? OR all the way up in travel position?

I like the idea of lowering it to the desired cut, take a piece of wood and slide it under the blade pointing to the front, mark it - then move the blade to the rear and mark again. Rear should be 1/8" - 1/4" higher than front. I know this is hard to do with the deck down and you under it! But I do not have the perfect answer to readjust the linkage if the rear is too high.

SteveT

Equipment
BX2350
May 2, 2016
Bellville, Ohio
Thanks for your reply. I measured it with the deck in the position I mow in, and also with the deck up in the travel position. The only adjustment I see is for the rear linkage. Backing out the bolt lowers the entire deck, not just the back. That is why I'm at a loss. There has to be some way of just lowering the back I would think.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I think there is some adjustment in the front bracket that ties the mower to the tractor?

Mine has ~2.5" of travel in the threads.

If you look here, you may find Operating, Workshop (WSM), and Parts Manuals for your tractor, mower deck or both that might help.

http://www.kubotabooks.com/

Last edited:

Dr Honda

Equipment
BX1870
Mar 30, 2015
Pitt, PA
Put the deck down to your cutting height... and adjust the nuts on the front mount. If you tighten them... it lifts the front... if you loosen them... it lowers the front.

The side-to-side adjustment is on the rear lift point.