Mounting snowblade on FEL using quick hitch

NS kubota

Equipment
Kubota MX4800, Norse 350 logging winch, Hla 2042 pallet forks, Woods BSS60
Dec 21, 2014
Nova Scotia, Canada
Looking at buying a used truck mounted snowblade (fisher, Meyers, etc) to mount to a quick hitch mounting plate to put on the FEL on our L3901. The modification is the easy part but the hydraulic angle is where the problem starts. The tractor presently does not have rear remotes to use for the plow to angle and maybe that is the only solution. I have limited knowledge of hydraulics but am wondering if there is a way to plumb the tractor and blade to allow using the bucket control on the loader lever by using a bypass valve or something similar to switch the control from the bucket to the angle cylinders on the blade. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

Jamie

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
You have a few basic options:

1) Buy the OEM rear remote kit and run long 1/4" hoses from it all the way to the FEL.
2) I think Kubota makes a true 3rd function option for your machine that is made to do exactly what you want.
3) Buy a "diverter" from me or Brian at Fitrite Hydraulics, this will "divert" the dump/curl circuit to the plow when a momentary button is held in.
4) WR Long (or Brian) may have a true 3rd function aftermarket setup for you.

NS kubota

Equipment
Dec 21, 2014
Nova Scotia, Canada
This is how I did it. Put the plow on QM plate. Then with my third Function Hydraulic work the angle of the plow. Here are some photo's

New Haven, Vt.
Thanks for the input just wodering how much a third function valve would cost to install on our L3901. Do you have anymore pics?

Orange Turbo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5100, pto13000kw, Loader, Ripper,Plow,Disc,Mower,Forks,3pt spreader,Box Blade.
Feb 2, 2015
Mo
Gundoctor,,, how far are the bottom of your loader arms off the ground, when your blade is on the ground???

NS kubota

Equipment
Dec 21, 2014
Nova Scotia, Canada
Gundoctor,,, how far are the bottom of your loader arms off the ground, when your blade is on the ground???
Yes Orange turbo I would like to know the answer to the that question as well. Doesn't look like the arms are very far from the ground in the pics but really hard to tell.

Orange Turbo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5100, pto13000kw, Loader, Ripper,Plow,Disc,Mower,Forks,3pt spreader,Box Blade.
Feb 2, 2015
Mo
That's a real nice/impressive set-up there. (I like)..
I've got a 7' western on an old truck with all the parts, All i'll need to do is take the pump and lift assy off,, leaving the angle cyl's/frame part on and fix it to the Q M plate. Was just concerned about dragging the loader part or the plate. Still in the thinking stage,:rolleyes: