Mounting plate for BX loader

fishinroc25

Equipment
Kubota BX1830 w/loader, custom front plow, 3-pt trailer hitch, Carry All
Apr 20, 2017
Rochester, NY
I have a BX1830 with a LA211 loader. It is not a quick connect setup.... I’m looking to remove my bucket from the loader arms and make a mounting plate for my Curtis plow. Anyone have a cut sheet, schematic, dimensions, or any type of information available to make my life easier when cutting/welding this. Currently my Curtis plow is locked onto (& strapped) my loader bucket. We made that last year and it works great, but it sticks out far. By removing the loader bucket, it will be bring the plow back roughly 2’. Thanks!

fishinroc25

Equipment
Apr 20, 2017
Rochester, NY
I was hoping for some words of wisdom or an example of a build one of you guys that fabricate well did... I ended up contacting anythingattachments.com and they can get me just my bucket’s brackets. This will at least cut down on the in-depth fabrication! Now it’s time to figure out the mount plate for the plow frame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
I've never seen plates for pin-on setups, they are so many different ones it would be a bad business idea to sell them. There are plenty for SSQA however becasue it's so universal.

The best thing to do is take you bucket off and copy whats on it for your plate, being VERY mindful of weight of course.

tthorkil

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M9540HDC12 / LX2610HSDC / ZD1011-48 / Bobcat S250
Jan 1, 2011
Bagley, MN, United States
I was hoping for some words of wisdom or an example of a build one of you guys that fabricate well did... I ended up contacting anythingattachments.com and they can get me just my bucket’s brackets. This will at least cut down on the in-depth fabrication! Now it’s time to figure out the mount plate for the plow frame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You could peruse this site or give them a call - they claim "WE can also convert the pin-on style loaders to quick attach also." I purchased a 'Euro to SSQA' attachment from them. They also sell various attachment weld-on brackets.
https://hayspear.com/kubota-loader-attachments/

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada
Kubota actually makes a quick attach that will fit your loader arms (you may have to do about 5 mins of grinding). I bought 3 of them last year for the LA243a loader, i wish i could help you with a part number but all my bills burnt in my garage fire. I put one on a bx2350, bx2660 and a bx2230 that's the one i had to do a little grinding on. The kit should come with the plate, 2- 3/4" (approx.) and one 1-1/8" (approx. ) pin the smaller pins are approx. 3/4" longer than your existing pins and the larger is the same as your bucket pin. It sure makes life a lot easier to switch from bucket to other attachments.

fishinroc25

Equipment
Apr 20, 2017
Rochester, NY
Thanks to you both for your suggestions! I have reached out to both hayspear.com and also my local Kubota dealer to see what is available for my tractor. Just waiting on replies.

Also, anythingattachments got back to me and can get just bucket brackets for my loader, but they are over $200 for the three brackets.... Doesn’t that seem a little steep for just the brackets only?

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
If you have basic fabrication tools and skills, why are you looking for a pre-made solution? You have a perfect full scale template from which to copy from, surly that's easier than any "cut sheet, schematic, dimensions" you could find.

fishinroc25

Equipment
Apr 20, 2017
Rochester, NY
If you have basic fabrication tools and skills, why are you looking for a pre-made solution? You have a perfect full scale template from which to copy from, surly that's easier than any "cut sheet, schematic, dimensions" you could find.

I don’t disagree with you at all on having the full scale template available, but I really don’t have the best resources for cutting & drilling thicker steel... So my thoughts are if I can get the pre-made brackets this will eliminate a bulk of that! As for asking for a cut sheet, I was trying for an easier route and quite possibly someone would share a proven layout that would work good for me. Merry Christmas!

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but I use the Kubota BX6315 Quick Attach to change from my loader bucket to my rock bucket. It works well for me but some don't like it because it takes away about 100 lbs of weight carrying capacity from the FEL. Anyway, if you google the BX6315 and look at images you can see what it looks like. I saw them on the web for as cheap as $265.00. Your Kubota dealer should be able to get one for you. I paid $325.00 a few years ago, they seem to have come down a little in price. Anyway, here is a link to one picture of it.

Here is another link to a YouTube video of it in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATlHXSl9ftE

Last edited by a moderator:

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
Ai2 Products makes their own quick attack system and also a blank mounting plate to make your own implements (which you could attach to your plow). I realize that’s not the direction you can here for, but this forum is good for spending money! AI2’s quick attach should work with your factory bucket, you’ll just need to permanently mount some pins in the center hole. (Same concept as the Kubota factory QA in the video above so watch that for reference).

https://bxattachments.com/product/quick-attach/

https://bxattachments.com/product/blank-mounting-plate/

Edit: based on comments above, the Kubota factory model seems to be had cheaper. But you could still use the blank mounting plate with the Kubota version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoBiffBetter

Oct 30, 2018
Silver Creek, NY. USA
Kubota actually makes a quick attach that will fit your loader arms (you may have to do about 5 mins of grinding). I bought 3 of them last year for the LA243a loader, i wish i could help you with a part number but all my bills burnt in my garage fire. I put one on a bx2350, bx2660 and a bx2230 that's the one i had to do a little grinding on. The kit should come with the plate, 2- 3/4" (approx.) and one 1-1/8" (approx. ) pin the smaller pins are approx. 3/4" longer than your existing pins and the larger is the same as your bucket pin. It sure makes life a lot easier to switch from bucket to other attachments.

I was just gonna say the same thing. Check with kubota or call your nearest dealer and ask

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk