mounted mulching kit on RCK60 MMM

Ben S

Equipment
B2620 FEL MMM mcconell swingtrim
Jan 17, 2015
Holland
I mounted a mulching kit in my MMM and coated it with 2 component epoxy.

Attachments

Last edited:

davesl708

Equipment
BX2200, LA211, RCK60B-22BX, 5ft. Rototiller, Rear Blade, 4ft Drag Harrow
Feb 24, 2013
Shawnee, Kansas
Ben S.

Could you please keep us posted on how well the mulch kit and coating work for you?

I have been thinking of getting the mulch kit for my RCK60BX.
The dealer here told me the mulching does not work well on three blade decks.

It looks like your kit isolates each blade to keep the grass in that area to be recut. Not sure why that would not work.

Dave

Ben S

Equipment
Jan 17, 2015
Holland
Ben S.

Could you please keep us posted on how well the mulch kit and coating work for you?

I have been thinking of getting the mulch kit for my RCK60BX.
The dealer here told me the mulching does not work well on three blade decks.

It looks like your kit isolates each blade to keep the grass in that area to be recut. Not sure why that would not work.

Dave
this season is my first with the kubota, until now i mowed with a stiga park ride on mower, it also has 3 blades and mulches great, so i think the rck60 does also.
this coating i used on the stiga for many years and works well, only light repairs during winter time. (if you have stones on the grass):mad:
sandblasting is recommended before applying.

Ben S

Equipment
Jan 17, 2015
Holland
just mowed the gras for the first time this year, amazing how that goes compared with my ride on mower.

mulching kit works fine, if the grass is long driving speed must be adjusted to give the blades the time to mulch

mleve

Jan 11, 2017
Omro, Wi, United States
I just got my BX2370 with the RCD54P deck. I was debating the mulching kit, but after reading this thread, I will be buying one this Spring.
Ben, will you please share the exact paint that you used to coat the bottom? What you did looks great.
Thanks.

desertbiker

Equipment
B2301
Jun 17, 2018
Okotoks alberta Canada
Hi Ben I am just wondering if you have a part number for that 60 MMM mulching kit you have fitted please? As in Canada here we are told we don’t have that option to much with this deck!
Thanks

Ben S

Equipment
Jan 17, 2015
Holland
Hello,

That should be Mulching kit 70000-02505.

greetings from Holland.

desertbiker

Equipment
B2301
Jun 17, 2018
Okotoks alberta Canada
Hi Ben thanks for the part number I have one quick question and sorry for the delay in getting back to you but the deck I have is model Rck60-32 is this the same as yours as I was told the Mulching kit here in Canada is not available! And have only one for an older BX series deck!
Thanks
Andy

Ben S

Equipment
Jan 17, 2015
Holland
hello,

mine is RCK60 29B, i dont know if the mulch kit wil fit yours.