Mosquito Barrier

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
We’ve had a lot of rain in Georgia this year and as a result a lot of mosquitoes. Repellant is a short term solution because of the humidity and lots of sweat. I was reading an interesting article a couple of weeks ago regarding outdoor treatments available to keep mosquitos away. One solution was the use of concentrated garlic oil mixed 4oz per gallon of water. Two days ago, I sprayed around the house, and down the fence line and shop area. Two days later, I haven’t seen a mosquito. Not one. Supposedly, the treatment lasts 3-4 weeks. Just thought I would pass this along. It was nice not having to spray down with repellent all day. The garlic smell was gone within 15 minutes of spraying so that’s not an issue.

Reactions: 1 users

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
I would like to know more. My daughters yard is mosquito infested! What kind of garlic oil, brand, where did you get it? Thanks in advance!

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Google: Paul Harvey Mosquito Spray

It seems to have worked last year when I did it.

3 Stale beers
Blue Mouth wash
Epsom salts

Apply with lawn/garden pump sprayer.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Google: Paul Harvey Mosquito Spray

It seems to have worked last year when I did it.

3 Stale beers
Blue Mouth wash
Epsom salts

Apply with lawn/garden pump sprayer.
Where does one find stale beers?

Not around my house! ROFL

And my belly is proof! (frown)

Reactions: 1 users

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
The crap beers that people bring to your parties and leave there, that's what I've been using anyways.
😁 😁

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
We have bats and purple martins here. Every evening the bats are everywhere about 15-20 off the ground. The Mosquito Barrier seems to be a lot more effective and reliable. I noticed yesterday that the bats did move to the fence line because that’s where the mosquitos are.

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
I might try that. I have several shaded areas where the mosquitos like to congregate. I have been using "Mosquito Dunks" in the puddles around the property to kill the larvae.

This garlic thing has to work. It has already been proven through the ages by scaring away the other "blood suckers", vampires! 🤣

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
That's a pity...I had some related situations, but I was fighting for about one year and a half, not with bugs but with mosquitoes. Now they are my enemy for the rest of my life. I really hate them and think they hate me too because I was fighting with them, and I'm not joking now. I probably used all the possible ways to kill them, but it was pointless, and I lost hope when I won one beautiful day. I found out about mr mosquito pest control, and that's my biggest achievement because I finally got rid of this nightmare. The one thing I wanna say is never losing hope.
My conclusion is if you drink more beer when outside in the evening the mosquitoes become less of a problem...just my experience...your mileage may vary... :LOL:

Reactions: 1 user

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
try B1 I have not had a bite in a couple of years. My wife found out about it and feeds me extra B1 starting in the spring. The mosquitoes leave me alone. We spent a number of years in northern Ontario and we would garden at night because the black flies were a dark cloud that would block out the sun and take a pound of flesh in tiny little bites. The bites take a month to heal by July I would build up immunity. I wonder if the garlic mix would work on black flies.