more from my game camera.

Josef

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 Kubota MX 5200 with 6 la1065 loader, sq172 Bush hog shredder, 6 ' Armstrong
Feb 25, 2016
victoria tx 77904
Some of these are taken with a moultree panoramic game camera. It takes 3 pictures and stitches them together. That's why it looks like a poor photoshop job. The big buck is cropped out of a panoramic photo. Others are taken with a cheaper model moultree.

Attachments

Ike

Equipment
Kubota L 3301, Farmall Cub. JD B. Ferguson TE 20
Jul 18, 2015
Mich
That one looks like it may be big enough to shoot this fall.:) Nice pictures

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
OldeEnglish- I was a varmint hunter years ago. Woodchucks were the quarry. Longest shot 575 yards or so.

Always wanted to try hogs, too. At 300 yards, they'd look HUGE in the scope of my .22-250 compared to what I was used to!:eek:

Might be a good reason for a .25-06. Always wanted one.;)

Josef - thanks for the pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
RCW- A friend of mine is a big hog hunter in FL. Had a few chances to go with him but I hate snakes. Them things are everywhere down their :eek:. He hunts with a 556/.223 and also a kel tec sub 2000 in .40 s&w w/30 round stick. He says ya need something with a high capacity because the bastards will charge ya. Some times in a pack :eek:. He says sometimes ya just gotta unload on them :p. I follow Yankee hill machine on Twitter (AR and suppressor manufacture near me), and they just had a picture of a hog hunters in TX using their eqipment. They had a whole pile of them :D.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
He says ya need something with a high capacity because the bastards will charge ya. Some times in a pack :eek:.
My Governor, Lord Vader, says we can't own that stuff over here.:mad:

Our semi-auto handguns are even limited to 7, I think. You can have up to 10 round mag, but only put 7 in it. I only have 1 semi, a Springfield Armory XDS in .45. Single stack magazine, so that's okay here.

I guess if I ever wanted to do that kind of hunting would have to buy a gun there, and sell it before I left. Can't have it here. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Josef

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 Kubota MX 5200 with 6 la1065 loader, sq172 Bush hog shredder, 6 ' Armstrong
Feb 25, 2016
victoria tx 77904
He says ya need something with a high capacity because the bastards will charge ya. Some times in a pack :eek:.
My Governor, Lord Vader, says we can't own that stuff over here.:mad:

Our semi-auto handguns are even limited to 7, I think. You can have up to 10 round mag, but only put 7 in it. I only have 1 semi, a Springfield Armory XDS in .45. Single stack magazine, so that's okay here.

I guess if I ever wanted to do that kind of hunting would have to buy a gun there, and sell it before I left. Can't have it here. :mad:
I just read about this man in japan who knifed 19 people to death, I don't know this for a fact but I'm very suspicious that it was a combat knife probably with a muzzle suppresor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
Search tannerite hog control, if ya wanna see some good hog results. I'd post it here, but last time I did, it earned a new sticky, at the top of the page, from Mr K...

Don't wanna break any rules...;);)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I just read about this man in japan who knifed 19 people to death, I don't know this for a fact but I'm very suspicious that it was a combat knife probably with a muzzle suppresor.
New York State has decided what kinds of guns it's residents can own, thanks to our Lord Vader. He has also decided that I need to do a NICS check to give/sell a 12 gauge shotgun to another person. Only way to do so is by a FFL dealer taking the gun in inventory......

Like you say Josef, if that implement has a suppressor, pistol grip or cartridge magazine, it might fall in their category.....

Not to highjack your thread, but another President Clinton will take MUCH MUCH more away.........

Last edited:

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
New York State has decided what kinds of guns it's residents can own, thanks to our Lord Vader. He has also decided that I need to do a NICS check to give/sell a 12 gauge shotgun to another person. Only way to do so is by a FFL dealer taking the gun in inventory......

Like you say Josef, if that implement has a suppressor, pistol grip or cartridge magazine, it might fall in their category.....

Not to highjack your thread, but another President Clinton will take MUCH MUCH more away.........
Trust me man, your neighbors in MA are right there with you. We just had "assault weapons" banned by our AG, it's insane. Know how many murders by rifles in ma there were over the past 7 years out of over 1000 murders? 7 and nobody knows if it was an AR or a 10/22. There were over 30 by means of hands or feet! Like NY we are all licensed. To transfer a gun we have to do an online transfer between two licensed people. If one license is suspended or revoked the transfer wont go through. But we can only transfer 7 a year, anymore has to go through a FFL.

Luckily we have strong gun rights groups working non stop to overturn this crap, hopefully by tomorrow. All we can hope is trump gets in and lays the smack down on these stupid, unjustified, downright brain dead laws. Criminals don't follow laws, some people just can't get that throught their heads. I hate to get political but this is coming to you folks if the hill gets in, trust me and RCW it sucks. Tough to guard your sheep from the wolfman without a gun ;)

One of the few things I like of the donald
https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/2nd-amendment-rights.pdf

Last edited:

Dalroo

Equipment
MX4800DT
Aug 24, 2015
Brookesmith, TX
Great photos! I went out and checked my cameras a few days ago, and learned I had one in a bad spot, facing a limb that was blowing. 12,000 photos!!!!! Of grass! I bought 32 gig cards on sale.

I do have some nice deer photos from the other cams. We need a wildlife photo section in OTT.

Josef

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 25, 2016
victoria tx 77904
This is a first for me, a deer feeding with wild hogs. It could be common for all I know but I doubt it. A wild hog will eat just about anything and can be very dangerous.

Attachments

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Josef - -

Man, those hog pictures get my trigger finger itchin'....woodchuck hunting always did the same thing.

If you put me up, feed me well, and provide the proper adult beverages, I won't charge you much to take care of a bunch of 'em....:p

Of course, I have a couple years before I retire and have time to do that.....:(

Seriously, keep the pictures coming; very enjoyable! ;)

Last edited: