Modify Box Blade for moving snow?

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
When I get a box blade (maybe tomorrow) am considering modifying it with some detachable wheels and a detachable blade that protrudes lower than rear of box.. Basically it would be just the carrier for a detachable blade. If one can tilt the unit some putting the front upwards so it has space under the box's sides maybe not need the detachable? Least till I can find a back blade at a reasonable cost. Not easy find around here it seems. Not that I could afford purchasing both. Of course tines would be removed.

Would only need to move snow three or four times a winter in Southern OH and it would only be at most 6".

Any thoughts on this crazy idea? Not sure if it would be possible to angle it though?

Box blade itself would get immediate use on road maintenance and be used often.

open to other ideas such as putting a detachable blade on the front of box instead of rear?

Edit: hmmm..... the again I guess I could just drive backward to move the snow..... duhhhh....... but still open to your crazy ideas.

CFDWheeler

Aug 26, 2013
Grant Co, Ky
I use my box blade for snow removal, without any modifications to it. It has front and rear cutting blades, which both work equally well. It also does a decent job of getting the ice up.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
I use my box blade for snow removal, without any modifications to it. It has front and rear cutting blades, which both work equally well. It also does a decent job of getting the ice up.
thanks. found a thread at TbyNet discussing using BoxB's for snow removal. Looks like it will work for my needs. Still may do some wheels or skids to not rub the bottom off of it on the small section that is paved in front of the only other house on this gravel alley I live on.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/snow-removal/193358-does-anyone-use-box-blade-2.html?