Mmm wheel bracket cracked

KenB2920

Equipment
L5240 brush hog,flail mower,wicked grapple,tiller,Danuser F-8 PHD,BB,RB 7' rake
Jun 17, 2011
Almont, mi
Has anyone had issues with the mmm wheel brackets? I was cutting and recognized the front left bracket was bent. After taking a closer look, I can see it is cracked and bent pretty bad. I also looked at the front right wheel bracket and it is bent also. This mower deck is a "drive over" mmm so it is designed (supposedly) to handle the weight of the tractor.

It is still under warranty and this was not excessive use so I hope they cover. It but I am doubtful. We shall see. Should be a simple welding fix.

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
Has anyone had issues with the mmm wheel brackets? I was cutting and recognized the front left bracket was bent. After taking a closer look, I can see it is cracked and bent pretty bad. I also looked at the front right wheel bracket and it is bent also. This mower deck is a "drive over" mmm so it is designed (supposedly) to handle the weight of the tractor.

It is still under warranty and this was not excessive use so I hope they cover. It but I am doubtful. We shall see. Should be a simple welding fix.
Not familiar with the kubota MMM deck but on others, the mount dismount should be done on solid ground with the wheels raised clear, the perimeter of the deck is in contact with the ground so no weight is on the wheels or brackets.
Dave

birddogger

May 29, 2011
Pittsburgh
I don't think those little wheels are really meant to hold 1500 lbs.
There's supposed to be a bit of motion to allow for dips and humps in the turf.
If the weight of the tractor really rested on the deck I can see why they cracked.
Those small wheels are "anti-scalping" wheels, they are supposed to lift the mower deck it there's a mound or hump so the blades don't dig in. So there must be some slack in the lower position to let the deck ride up a couple inches. I've seen them bent from hitting trees, but broken? thankfully not yet.