MMM vibration

bryanflhxs

Jul 12, 2017
US
Hi everyone, I am new to Kubota and have purchased a new Bx1880 with 48 inch mmm the primary use for this tractor will be to move about 4 ton of coal to the back porch of the house as I need it in the winter, no more 5 gallon buckets down the stairs for these knees , but will also use for mowing and snow removal. I have a concern since I have just used it to mow the yard and have some steeper banks that I traverse , the reason for the post is that I get a very bad vibration in the pto shaft I believe ? when I get on these banks to mow I think it is caused from the weight of the mower deck shifting enough to take the pto shaft out of alignment with the mowers gear box.Is this comon for these tractors and is there any thing I can adjust to reduce this? I dont want to tear up the gear box on the mower and was hoping for some input before I brought up my concerns with the dealer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Common complaint with the bx. The eng moves slightly to the side and one of the mounts touches the frame. Nothing to worry about.

bryanflhxs

Jul 12, 2017
US
Common complaint with the bx. The eng moves slightly to the side and one of the mounts touches the frame. Nothing to worry about.
Okay that is good to know i wasn't aware of this.I really appreciate your response Thank you.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Try running it at a higher RPM. My BX1860 with an RCK54 vibrates when I run it below 2000 RPM. I typically run it at 2200 or above depending on what I am mowing.

By your user name I suspect you own a Harley Street Glide. What year do you have? I own a 2002 FLHRCI Road King Classic. I love that bike.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Awww hell another Harley rider,,, theres goes the neighborhood :D

Dr Honda

Equipment
BX1870
Mar 30, 2015
Pitt, PA
Awww hell another Harley rider,,, theres goes the neighborhood :D
We won't hold that against him. :p

Anyway........

Some vibration is normal if the RPM's are low. I mow at 3000 RPM, and generally runs smooth. But if it's very noticeable at an angle... I would verify that everything is tight. I had a few issues I needed to take care of after the fist couple times I used mine. (re-adjust the deck, and tighten a hydro hose that was leaking)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
One more thing you might think about is seeing if the blades are in fact tight, and check to see if one may have been bent,,

I had a guy tell me at rolling thunder,, thats a nice looking bike, to bad it sounds like a Honda,,, I liked to cryed LOL

bryanflhxs

Jul 12, 2017
US
Try running it at a higher RPM. My BX1860 with an RCK54 vibrates when I run it below 2000 RPM. I typically run it at 2200 or above depending on what I am mowing.

By your user name I suspect you own a Harley Street Glide. What year do you have? I own a 2002 FLHRCI Road King Classic. I love that bike.
Hey, sorry for the late reply i didnt get any notifications of any activity on this post, i run the mower at about 3200 rpm. I think the problem is to do with the motor mounts flexing enough to let what seems to be some type of travel stop weldments attached to the block of the motor, there only about a 1/16 inch away from the frame when on level ground and apear to be touching the frame while traversing inclines, i will post picks below, hell yes i run a street glide , 2014 sgs i love it rides like a dream and all the vibrations were expected .

bryanflhxs

Jul 12, 2017
US
We won't hold that against him. [emoji14]

Anyway........

Some vibration is normal if the RPM's are low. I mow at 3000 RPM, and generally runs smooth. But if it's very noticeable at an angle... I would verify that everything is tight. I had a few issues I needed to take care of after the fist couple times I used mine. (re-adjust the deck, and tighten a hydro hose that was leaking)
Thanks for the reply, for sure i have to go over this tractor good , just the few nuts i have put my hand on have been loose.

bryanflhxs

Jul 12, 2017
US
One more thing you might think about is seeing if the blades are in fact tight, and check to see if one may have been bent,,

I had a guy tell me at rolling thunder,, thats a nice looking bike, to bad it sounds like a Honda,,, I liked to cryed LOL
Ha i got a honda also , but it sounds like a harley.

bryanflhxs

Jul 12, 2017
US
Okay that is good to know i wasn't aware of this.I really appreciate your response Thank you.

Im pretty sure you nailed this one , thank you sir for pointing me in the right direction, dealer tells me they can stiffen the mounts so travel stops won't vibrate on the frame like this , im not sure how but they said they have done this to another tractor for the same reason.