Mincemeat anyone..??

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Just to clarify, by the term “Mincemeat”…. I am intending a pie-filling made of apples, raisins, nuts, occasionally Rum, and spices…. Not the original English baked-pie filled with chopped meat (usually mutton but sometimes wild game), fat, guts, blood-pudding, and Rum.
In my family its called Rugelach - here is one Recipe

Reactions: 1 user

Outnumbered

Equipment
Kubota L3901, FEL, BB1260, RCF2060, FDR2572, Titan Forks, Caryall, 5' Tiller
Oct 26, 2019
Moseley, VA
Hah, I thought I was the only one who loved this stuff. Mince pie has been a family tradition in our house for years as I grew up with it during the holidays as a kid and introduced my wife and kids to it. It took years for them to appreciate it but now even have my son-in-law going after it. It can be tough to locate sometime we start looking for it in October when ever we are at the grocery store and will buy two jars when ever we see it in stock.

RDinNHandAZ

Equipment
Kubota BX1870, FEL, BX5450 Snowblower, back blade, customized snow cab
I like both and I’ve never lived in a city. The meat type uses venison in my kitchen but the purchased fruits and berries type is great too. I looked and that mince pie filling I’ve used in the past is just not available here in NH either. I sent an inquiry to Smuckers the makers of Ready to Use Classic Original Mincemeat to ask why?
I got the answer:
December 12, 2023

Dear Ralph,

Thank you for contacting The J.M. Smucker Co. to inquire about None Such® Mincemeat.
Unfortunately, this product did not receive enough support and was discontinued. However, your voice of support is very important to us, and we have let the right teams know that you would like to see our Mincemeat back on shelves in the future!

If you have any additional questions, feel free to visit us at nonesuchrecipes.com or give us a call at 888-656-3245.

Sincerely,

Debbie Walker
Consumer Response Representative

Ref # 16310204

Notice: The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended by The J.M. Smucker Company (or one of its subsidiaries) for the sole use of the named individual or entity to which it is directed and may contain information that is privileged or otherwise confidential. If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please notify the sender of the error by reply email so that our address record can be corrected. Thank you.

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
No problem purchasing mincemeat tarts where I live at most grocers. Just picked up some larger pies last week at a local meat pie shop. My parents made the originals using real meat when I was a kid.