Mid PTO shaft bent/pushed: leak

Gdemos

Equipment
BX25D, Cab, BXPanded Plow, B2789 Rr PTO Blower, Brotek Thumb, spacers
Dec 9, 2013
RI
Bx25 with mid pto, the shaft hangs down, hit a rock just right and must have pushed/bent pto shaft. Leaked all fluid. No visible cracks, fluid coming from where shaft meets transmission area.

What am i in for???
Thanks
-Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Bx25 with mid pto, the shaft hangs down, hit a rock just right and must have pushed/bent pto shaft. Leaked all fluid. No visible cracks, fluid coming from where shaft meets transmission area.

What am i in for???
Thanks
-Greg

$$$

Most likely have to break the tractor in half to get at all the parts. Hopefully your casing isn't damaged. At best you have a bent PTO and damaged seals. You possibly have little metal bits floating around inside the case now I'd avoid driving/using the machine.

Gdemos

Equipment
Dec 9, 2013
RI
$$$

Most likely have to break the tractor in half to get at all the parts. Hopefully your casing isn't damaged. At best you have a bent PTO and damaged seals. You possibly have little metal bits floating around inside the case now I'd avoid driving/using the machine.

Feel like such a fool to not have removed mid pto at the base...leaving that half shaft hanging down like that just asking for trouble.

Well not a diy job so i got my local dealer coming out this week. Fingers crossed

Gdemos

Equipment
Dec 9, 2013
RI
Pheww!!! Kubota tech fixed in the field. Just a seal (and a lesson learned). Got out for $200 and up and running. Beyond my pay grade to have gotten into so im more than happy to pay for this fix.