Mid Mount Universal Joint Help..

kghenson

Equipment
BX2670, FEL, RTR Tiller
Oct 20, 2016
Garretsville, ohio
Last fall I got my BX stuck and had a heck of a time getting it out, when we got it back to the barn my friend who is a landscaper and users a lot of equipment and I removed the ride over MMM. Of course we didn't read the manual and had to back track a few times to undo our mistakes. Biggest mistake was be loosening the frame rails ( not required) we loosened the Universal shaft that is supposed to stay mounted to the tractor when you take the deck off.

Well later while landscaping with the FEL it dropped off, luckily we found it. With you guys advice I put it back on and all seemed fine.

Today I put the ride over MMM for the first time. You have to follow the directions exactly but when you do things go pretty smoothly.

So up and down, adjustments, scrapper wheels, all was good. Then I engaged the PTO and the end attached to the tractor popped right off.

So here is my question. How is it supposed to be re-attached. There obviously a trick to making it stay on but was hoping someone could give me a few clues before I crawl under it tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Did you pull back on the collar while sliding it onto the pto shaft? Kind of like a quick disconnect?

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Did you pull the lock lever back into place?
Please read your manual! If you did not get one? Here is a copy of the RCK60D-26BX book.
PDF]RCK60D-26BX Drive-Over-Deck.pdf - Kubotabooks.com

Pat

kghenson

Equipment
BX2670, FEL, RTR Tiller
Oct 20, 2016
Garretsville, ohio
Did you pull back on the collar while sliding it onto the pto shaft? Kind of like a quick disconnect?

That was it, took the deck off, lowered the frame and figured out how the collar worked and I am back with n business

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
You said you had a drive over deck! All of my points were serious and was trying to help you! I will try to govern my passions next time you need help!

Pat

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Ya that was a pretty rude reply from a guy that stated in his first post he never bothered to look at his owners manual before he started to monkey around with your landscaper friend that doesn't know how a deck comes off or how to uncouple a PTO shaft.