mid-mount mower for B1750

snx

May 30, 2013
South Brent, Devon, UK
I have a B1750 tractor and would like to fit a mower underneath - but I'm finding it hard to figure out which mowers are compatible. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Get yourself a 3pt finishing mower. Sooo much nicer to hook and unhook, plus rear discharge is nice to have as well. They are readily available and even used are easier to come by then a mid mount mower.

BenRich

Equipment
BX1870D w/FEL, Land Pride FDR1648 Mower, Land Pride RBO560 Scrape Blade
I would echo Eric. A rear mount finishing/grooming mower is a whole lot easier to work with than a mid-mount.

When I went to purchase my BX1870D it came with a mid-mount mower. The dealer asked me what the tractor's primary job would be and I responded that I would be mowing with it more than anything else.

The dealer told me that I would have a more practical tractor with a rear-mount mower and a FEL than I would with a mid-mount mower and a FEL.

He was right. With the tension bars tightened as they should be I am able to maneuver the rear-mount mower into nooks and crannies on the edge of the field, not to mention backing the mower and tractor down inclines and sides of ditches. I would have never been able to do this with a mid-mount mower.

Ben

Dsmith

Equipment
BX25D
Jun 24, 2013
Alabaster, AL
I agree with the suggestion of a 3 point finishing mower. I bought a mid mount deck with mine and I HATE it! It would be fine if I never had to take it off. Mounting it back to the tractor is WAY to hard! My next big purchase will be a finishing mower.