Mice invading tractor

Tweetybrun

Equipment
L 3200 Tractor Loader B/H RTV x1100c Grand L 4060 FL 805, BH 9.2
Jul 28, 2014
Hancock New York
Hello

Has anyone have any tricks on keeping mice out of the tractors dash and any other tiny compartments? When I park my tractor for a week or two in the barn they make a home. Any suggestions?

John

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Moth balls, put them all round, put them in a sock or pantyhose.
If your shop/storage has power and you don't have dogs or cats, you can get an electronic mouse deterrent to dive them away.

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Mice suck at that stuff,,, cats are good, snakes are good, poison and traps work, I made a trap out of a pop can coat hanger and a 5 gallon bucket half full of water,,, good golly I didn't know there were that many mice in the barn and garage.. And if you think they are bad in the tractor,, try taking the bike for a ride and stopping at a light,, and wonder WTH is that smell and when you get home find that you baked,, a nest filled with leettel meeces,,,,, yuck it stinks

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Check your local ag dealers for a product called fresh cab. Mice hate it. I tried all kinds of things, this is very effective and dont smell like moth nuts.

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
Sticky boards and the bucket trick work the best. Sticky boards go along walls and on places where they would walk on your machine. you can probably use double sided sticky tape to mount them inside your engine compartment so they don't move around, but any dust will render the traps useless.

The buckets are simple. Put a few inches of water in the bottom of a bucket and spread peanut butter or something similar on the inside of the rim. Just lean a board on the side of the bucket and they will crawl up and fall in. The water is to prevent them from jumping back out. In winter, keep the same trap but add some antifreeze to keep the water from freezing.

Mice suck and cause serious issues. I'm not all about "hurting defenseless mice" but I'm even less about "cleaning out my airbox or wiring issues because of harmful mice". I can't even list how many times a mouse nest has caused me hours upon hours of work to repair/restore something. ATV's and Tractors seem to be their favorite.

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
Do not underestimate the effectiveness of bucket trick! Like Billdog350 said, it works great. Put enough water in it so they cant touch the bottom so they will drown but not so much that they can crawl out. Put the peanut butter down some so they have to reach for it. I also use moth balls.