Messicks Parts Manual Going Offline Feb. 16

phildac

Equipment
1984 B8200E, L260F
Jul 29, 2009
Wentzville, MO
Messicks Kubota Parts Catalog Going Offline Feb. 16

Just got this e-mail from Messicks.:eek:

"Effective February 16th, Kubota Tractor is forcing Messick Farm Equipment to remove the tractor parts catalogs from our website. While we do not agree with this decision, we have no choice but to comply. We have built a business around providing online parts support to under served customers and we will continue to do so. After this date, please feel free to contact our staff and we will provide you with the unmatched service and support that you've come to expect. We will be able to email you any resources at you request, but will be unable to make the information publicly available. We apologize for the inconvenience this will cause our customers, and will do all we can to minimize your frustrations. As a last hurrah, we'll be offering 10% off all in stock or stock ordered parts until the catalogs go offline.

We thank you for your past and future business as we continue to innovate and provide the best parts support possible.
Sincerely, the parts staff at Messicks.

Use Coupon Code Kubota for a 10% discount on in stock and stock order items. Valid now until the catalogs are removed."

Last edited:

k4me

Equipment
b7100hst (early)
Feb 7, 2010
Erie, CO USA
I don't understand Kubota's thinking on this. How does it hurt them to allow product owners to see the assemblies and part numbers. Seems like they are trying to force people to their dealers, but not everyone is within a short distance of a dealer. Just a short sighted decision, IMO.

bky

Nov 8, 2009
ky
I agree it would be a bad idea to remove such useful information. I was just looking at the parts break down for my l245dt for a brake job. Such a shame that Kubota can throw their weight around. Mesick’s site was a big help when I purchased glow plugs a little while ago. I am sure it will hurt sales but I hope not.

Theekillerbee

Jun 28, 2009
Pleasant View UT, USA
Talk about silly. Sure don't see how having a parts manual available is doing anything but helping people find the parts they need. Heck, the Kubota dealership down the road has a couple of knuckle heads working their that couldn't find their rear end with both hands, let alone help me find a part I'm looking for:eek: One of the old duffers can't even use the computer. I was there once and he said I'd have to come back later when someone was in the shop that knew how to use the parts finder on the computer....what a crock! Can you imagine, sending a customer that wants to spend money away....I'm sure that would make the DB's at Kubota pucker a little.

Greg

Equipment
B7100 HST-D 4x4 with FEL, PTO and 3 pt hitch
Dec 7, 2009
Putnam County, NY
I got the email too, what a foolish move. I guess the figure that who ever needs a part is going to buy it. Whether it's easy to find at messicks or a pin in the butt to find else where. But now they may also sell more parts manuals. Must be a high profit item :rolleyes:

Messick's should organize a write in campaign protesting the move.

luc

Equipment
Grand L2900
Feb 10, 2010
Paso Robles. CA. USA
Got the same email too.

Seems to me that Kubota must have got complaints from dealers regarding a few online parts dealers undercutting their prices

If you don't know the part # and can't acess it online, your only choice is to go to your dealer and buy it there.
As a matter of fact quite a few car/truck dealers will not even give you the part#.
I was at my ford dealer the other day trying to price out some parts and the guy gave me the price but refused to give me the #.
When I asked him why, he told me that it was the dealership policy.
I asked to talk to the manager and he was pretty open about it, basically told me that he knew that with the part # I could buy it cheaper online and he saw no reason to pay an employe the time to research it and have the sale go to someone else
Luc

TopGear

Mar 21, 2009
Australia
Pretty disappointing from Kubota. It turns me off when companies do stuff like this. I own the tractor and believe I have the right to know what its been constructed of, how its been put together and the right to be able to fix it myself. Otherwise if I can't do this I really don't own it.

Having people like us on orange tractor talks who discuss and trouble shoot issues actually should be a real asset to Kubota. How many new Kubota owners join the forum and the first thing they say is 'really happy I found this site - glad I brought a kubota now ....'

I know I have sold a tonne of products indirectly for kubota. My mates come over and see my B6000 and I talk about the little mountain goat so highly. They are amazed to see the 13 hp machine climb vertical walls and pull loads beyond what they can believe and realise there 25hp ride on from bunnings or lowes is really crappy. But what really impresses them is the amount of information online about how to mod these things and do general fixes from sites like OTT. Alas a couple have now brought new Kubota ride on's/tractors based on this and also kubota motors for pumps etc. A lot of this stems from the 'wrap' people like us give kubota's. If kubota wants to alienate then maybe a 'forward' looking company should tap this market. Just an idea but would'nt it be cool if with a yanmar or koti you got a workshop manual, parts manual and a site like orange tractor talks for free and where encouraged to mod you machine! Just a thought.

I know I buy things when people speak highly of open access, lots of information available and a group of people who are know them inside out.

Anyway just my 2 cents.

Cheers John

John C

Equipment
B7100D, LMC Clipper 400, LMC 4ft Box Blade, NorTrac 47" Tiller
Aug 14, 2009
Elizabethtown, KY
This is nuts! I can't tell you how many times I've used those online parts catalogs just to get the part # that I need and taken them to the local dealer to order! As Theekillerbee said most of the people behind the counter at the local dealer can't find their butts! And as far as ordering online I've found that buy the time you pay shipping you can usually get it for about the same price locally!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well what about those of us that need a whicamacallit and not that thingamajig on the end of the dohicky thingie,,,

I think there is more to it than worring about somebody counterfitting parts, other countries have been buying American Mining equipment for years and reverse engeening it,, i saw a chineese mining machine that you couldnt tell from a Joy, right down to the same styled bit blocks and junk contactors inthe pannels,, all of which did not have Joy's name and they got no money from it,, if thats the case Im sure someone could buy a Orange tractor and do the same thing
Those blown up drawings have helped out, more than once when working on some for the other OFF brands,,lol

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Is there anyway to down load it before it gets yanked??

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
sureis, why not just select each page and spec sheet at a time then save it to your hard drive in a new folder.
I have just done that for the B6000 spec etc.
You could probably save all the pages if you wanted too.

garyf

Equipment
B7200 MF135, MF40TLB, MF40B Loader, JD430, JD332, 3-JD318's
May 14, 2009
Lowbanks, Ontario
Mr K had a discussion with Neil Messick last month in detail about this matter. KTC is concerned with knock off equipment being manufactured with the assistance of their nice exploded diagrams. It is not an effort to reduce parts sales but rather to deter other entities from infringing upon their brand.
JD has online parts manuals with exploded views for just about every machine they have made. They have even made it convenient to order online from a local dealer(after registering and setting up an account). AGCO (Massey Ferguson) has a similar but not quite as user friendly setup. Honda, B&S, Tecumseh and numerous other mfgs have exploded view parts manuals available online. Kubota on the other hand appears to be moving in an opposite direction. Maybe they don't like some dealers being more innovative and taking the lead(maybe other dealers don't like it either).
What I would like to see is a Kubota Parts Website (like JD's) and a parts inventory(like JD's) maybe even a few steering boxes and ball nut assemblies for B7200"s(HST and Gear);). 2 cents

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Welp Itried to down load it and it was good untill this morning i started to look for blades,, ya know summers gona get here sooner or later,, and its gone my down load wont work and it's gone from their site,, ANd if it is trut that some STEALERS are complaing about on line suppliers cuttin gthier prices then maybe they should get real with the cost mark up,,, Sounds like the same crap HD keep pulling on little indys,, OK Does ANYBODY have a bootlegged download I might be able to ahhh find some place????

GMK80linefelter

Equipment
K5740
Jan 31, 2010
Crumpton, Maryland
Have you checked Messicks lately??
They have done a great job in creating an almost-as-good-as-the-old-one site.

Just select your tractor and which part is of concern and they email you the dirgrams. I think it is better than the old system!!!!:):)

AKD

Equipment
1999 M4700
Jan 3, 2010
Santa Fe, Texas
I bought one for ten dollars on ebay. It was emailed in a couple of hours. the seller is low_cost_4_u. Just search ebay for Kubota Manual and his adds should come up.
Kent