Me9000 shuttle issue

Tom sten

Equipment
Me9000 kx71-2
Jan 13, 2024
Uk
Hi
I have a shuttle issue with a me9000. When put into forward it seems to have a gentle roll with some high revs but no power behind the movement. However in reverse you have full power and operation as normal. I know the culprit could be the clutch pack but before I do anything could it be a potential issue with the shuttle valve? Tractor has 1300 hours and suffered a similar issue in the past that was resolved by an oil and filter change, that was about 100-150 hours ago so I don’t think that’s the issue this time. Iv got a workshop manual on the way as I would like to test the pressure on the shuttle valve to eliminate that before having to do any major surgery. Has anyone had similar issues with different fixes that I could try before.
Thanks

Tom sten

Equipment
Me9000 kx71-2
Jan 13, 2024
Uk
Hi
I have a shuttle issue with a me9000. When put into forward it seems to have a gentle roll with some high revs but no power behind the movement. However in reverse you have full power and operation as normal. I know the culprit could be the clutch pack but before I do anything could it be a potential issue with the shuttle valve? Tractor has 1300 hours and suffered a similar issue in the past that was resolved by an oil and filter change, that was about 100-150 hours ago so I don’t think that’s the issue this time. Iv got a workshop manual on the way as I would like to test the pressure on the shuttle valve to eliminate that before having to do any major surgery. Has anyone had similar issues with different fixes that I could try before.
Thanks
If the clutch was the issue and slipping would you smell or hear anything while trying to move forward? Could it be a linkage in lever not allowing it to engage properly?

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
I suggest to check reverser fwd clutch pressure. Also check reverser linkage to be sure it's fully shifting control valve. If your M9000 drivetrain system is similar to my M7040 the dry damper clutch remains engaged 100% of the time & if it slipped I think there would be low or no hyd pressure. Hyd reverser clutches operate as normal traction clutch.