Making a Howard HR12 work on a Kutoba L175

brigitte

Equipment
L175, Howard HR12 tiller
Feb 15, 2014
Gans, OK
Hey all,

sorry for the newbie question :eek: but I've got an old Kutota L175 and recently was gifted an Howard HR12 rovatotor and I need to hook them up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THanks.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I assume you have the three point arms on your tractor?
Back the tractor up aligned to and near the implement

On the tractor, there are two lower arms with eyes at the ends.
These eyes fit over pins on the rotavator (tiller?).
Then the upper link attaches the tractor to the top of the rotavator (center).

See this link for general instructions
http://agsafety.osu.edu/sites/drupal-agsafety.web/files/5.1%20Connecting%20Implements%20to%20the%20Tractor.pdf

And this for a video of how to do it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSatF4QoqmI

Last edited:

live_roll

Equipment
M108 / BX 25 / RTV 900 / ZD331 / M7060 / B1200 Mx5100 Ford 1500
Dec 16, 2009
Irricana Alberta
Howard Rotovators are one of the "Cadillac" tillers. Heavy, bullet-proof fine machines! Good score on getting it

Enjoy!! and have fun gardening!

Cheers

Roger

brigitte

Equipment
L175, Howard HR12 tiller
Feb 15, 2014
Gans, OK
I managed to get the tiller attached and took it for a test run today. It seems to be only tilling about 3 inches deep. What am I doing wrong? (The ground where I tilled has never been tilled before.)

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
For ground that has never been tilled that seems about right.

You may have to go over it several times to get to the depth you need. Be patient and go slow. You can add weight to the tiller to try to get it to go deeper but then you start to stress the tiller and the tines.

There are adjustments on the tiller for the depth. Yours should have some runners along the sides and some method to move them up or down.

Another option would be to plow it to depth and then till that. That would assume you have a plow of some type.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Like RK said slow and easy until you get it all dug up, each pass will go a little deeper, and then just let the old gal eat, you will find stuff you didn't know was there,, First time I did my big garden I found a lot of flint chips and shards, seem the area was once covered with Indian villages high on a ridge and close to a good water source. Even found a couple unfinished projectile points, SO walk through the dirt and look close you might be surprised:D

brigitte

Equipment
L175, Howard HR12 tiller
Feb 15, 2014
Gans, OK
Thanks so much! I really appreciate your feedback. I have a new issue now. I started a new post called "Did I fry my starter?" Do any of you live in Oklahoma? LOL