Maintenance Log

Sodark

Equipment
2018 B2650 HST ROPS, BH77 Backhoe
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
I was sure I'd be able to find a multitude of posts on this but can't seem to find ANY (here nor other sites) . Just wondering if anyone knows of a/any decent programs or apps for keeping track of maintenence records? For tractors, particularly, but ideally other vehicles as well? Automobiles, riding mower, etc. Would be nice to be able to pull everything up on my phone or tablet and see what supplies I need, etc. Appreciate any suggestions!

jms

Equipment
MX5200, BX2660, ZD221
May 22, 2018
Zumbro Falls, MN
Google Sheets is pretty easy. You can format it anyway you want and acres it anyway. Pretty ready to share with others too.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

greeno

Equipment
B2710 w/LA402 FEL, BL4690 hoe, RB1560, GS1560, Haban 5' sickle bar, 5' JD RC
Jul 14, 2018
Big Lake MN
What about an app that doesn’t require internet access? I’m lucky to get 1g where my tractor lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I use Google Sheets for my maintenance log also. It’s a quick blip when it syncs to Google Drive, and not real data intensive.
As has been mentioned, individual (?) sheets can be stored locally also. I also think you can set it up to sync only when connected via WiFi.
I used to use Excel on my computer for the log, but it is much more convenient now to have it available on my phone, ipad, or computer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

shiraz627

Equipment
BX23S Piranha toothbar, Underarmor, PFL1242 pallet forks, BXpanded thumb, ripper
Aug 1, 2018
Kingsland. GA
Just make a simple spreadsheet. I do this for all vehicles.

NWAZL3560

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, LA805 loader, BH77 backhoe, rock bucket, box blade, pallet forks
Jun 11, 2018
Mesquite, NV
I've used spreadsheets forever to keep track of my vehicle records and do it for my new tractor too. Excel on my PC's and now Numbers on my Mac. I believe these programs can be used on a phone too.

Top half for maintenance and purchases and bottom half for fuel mileage.

Top half has columns for date, miles, description, by who, part manufacturer, part number and cost.

Bottom half has columns for date, miles, description, miles from trip meter, gallons (I reset the trip meter at every fill-up), EVIC mpg when applicable, and calculated mpg. A formula for calculated mpg makes that calculation automatic.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Use your calendar app (aka google or apple calendar) and create a colour coded sub-calendar for vehicle maintenance. That way you can simply hide all other events and quickly find your vehicle logs. I like this method because you get automatic data backups, easy search, file attachment, multiple device access, cloud storage etc. and you aren't tied to any particular device, program or file system. Free.

For road vehicles you can use fuelly.com and also track and compare your vehicle fuel consumption and mileage. Free.

For commercial trucks there is a free online log tracker KeepTruckin that also works with Android/iOS.

Last edited:

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
I used to keep a detailed log of the machines I take care of (16 of em). Now I just write the month/year/hrs on the filter like some mechanics will do. I don't refer to my computer/notebook for records, just inspect the machine. Seems easier and all you need is a permanent marker.

Reactions: 1 user