M9000 exaughst pipe

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
So I have a m9000 the exaughst pipe is curved but the end is crunched a bit from previous owner damaged. But I can put rope down and fit in my shed but with the exaughst pipe do tall I can't. I would like to cut 6 inches off and put just an ol d style flapper on it. What is best way to cut? To keep from metal filings getting down it? Best if I removed it?

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
So I have a m9000 the exaughst pipe is curved but the end is crunched a bit from previous owner damaged. But I can put rope down and fit in my shed but with the exaughst pipe do tall I can't. I would like to cut 6 inches off and put just an ol d style flapper on it. What is best way to cut? To keep from metal filings getting down it? Best if I removed it?
With an exhaust pipe cutter like this: https://www.harborfreight.com/exhau...MI7Lzj8a7M-gIVGxbUAR2WxwdREAQYAiABEgLQn_D_BwE

No filings. Minimal stress on the pipe. No need to remove from the tractor.

If you can spin it 360 degrees a single wheel pipe cutter would also work.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
I had a Mitsubishi tractor and the exhaust went straight up. I worried about water getting into the exhaust but upon inspection they had worked out a solution. There was a hole at the bottom of the pipe where it made the ninety degree bend to connect to the manifold.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I had a Mitsubishi tractor and the exhaust went straight up. I worried about water getting into the exhaust but upon inspection they had worked out a solution. There was a hole at the bottom of the pipe where it made the ninety degree bend to connect to the manifold.
Don’t rely on that drain-hole in a rainstorm. It’s designed more for condensation-cycling overnight…not for real water intrusion. During storage, put an old tin-can over the end of the pipe is a cheap solution.

(Failing to prevent rain or water from getting/draining down into your exhaust is a good way to lose a diesel engine. Water will get into the manifold…enter a cylinder via an open exhaust-valve….and create a hydraulic-lock for that next compression-stroke (likely on engine start) and result in a blown piston or bent/broken connecting-rod.)