M8560 Hyd Not Working at High RPM

Larinehart

Equipment
Kubota M8560
Jul 2, 2020
Ruston, LA
My 8560 hydraulics work fine at low RPM, but at high RPM they get sluggish and then eventually quit working all together. This includes FEL, 3 Point Hitch and remotes. Any ideas on what the problem could be? My kubota dealer said they have never seen this problem and have no idea how to fix it. Unbelievable.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
My 8560 hydraulics work fine at low RPM, but at high RPM they get sluggish and then eventually quit working all together. This includes FEL, 3 Point Hitch and remotes. Any ideas on what the problem could be? My kubota dealer said they have never seen this problem and have no idea how to fix it. Unbelievable.
Does the power steering also stop working?

From your symptoms I would be suspecting an air leak on the suction side of the hydraulic pump.

Going through from the transmission to the pump and replacing every O ring seal will not be expensive and you may get lucky.

An air leak will often not show up as a fluid leak. Make certain your filters are tight.

Have you used filters or fluids other than Kubota.

Dave

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
You are sucking wind somewhere, no doubt and it's airerating the fluid inside the tractor trans sump.

Larinehart

Equipment
Kubota M8560
Jul 2, 2020
Ruston, LA
Power Steering is still working. I will check filters. Funny thing I just had a $700 service done at the Kubota place. Hopefully you all's replies will give them some guidance. Thanks for your help. I'll keep ya posted on status of repair.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Another possibility is that the pump is working the fluid hard and heating it up too much at the high rpms. Do the hydraulic systems work fine at high rpms and slowly stop working? After they stop working at high RPMs do the immediately work well at low RPMs or does it take time (oil cools down)?

Is there any noise like a screeching at high speed like a relief valve is bypassing? Did any work get performed on the tractor that would have removed and replaced hydraulic hoses?

Did this start suddenly or come on over time?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Power Steering is still working. I will check filters. Funny thing I just had a $700 service done at the Kubota place. Hopefully you all's replies will give them some guidance. Thanks for your help. I'll keep ya posted on status of repair.
I think (personal opinion) that whomever did the service should figure out what the issue is. I don't believe I've EVER had either of my M's serviced by the dealer excepting for things like valve adjustments or driveline work. I do everything myself.

One thing to keep in mind and that is, if they performed a valve adjustment, you have to remove the loader as well as the right hand side upright to access the flywheel timing marks so it could be (if you had that done) that the hoses were installed incorrectly.