M7991 3rd function install on a M6060HD with LA1154

manike

Equipment
M6060HD, LA1154, M7991
Jun 10, 2015
Sewell
Hello all, I am new here and new to Kubota ownership.

I have a M6060HD with the LA1154 loader on it and just picked up the M7991 3rd function valve kit from my dealer today. He promised me it came with installation instructions but it didn't. Are they available to download anywhere or can someone send me them? I have spent all evening searching for them with no luck.

Thanks

bc1962

Equipment
M7060HD ROPS / M4-071D / M6800 ROPS / RC2512 / ZD1211
Nov 23, 2015
Walnut Grove, AL
Hello,
I have a 7060HD ROPS with a 1154 FEL. I am considering ordering a M-7991 3rd function kit from my dealer and installing myself. I noticed there were installation instructions for it in the FEL assembly manual that came with my tractor. I planned to use those.
Did you end up installing the kit yourself? Was it difficult? Would you recommend it or have the dealer do it in hindsight?
Thanks!
BC

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I noticed no one had yet replied so I will offer some comments not directly related.

When I bought my new M7040, it came with one rear remote and I needed a second to control the chute and other features on my snow blower.

The tractor was delivered with one remote and later the dealer's mechanic came to my place to install the second one. I watched him do the work.

My recollection was that the cover on the existing remote valve was removed and the second one stacked on top of it. The studs which go through the one, two or three remote valves have to be changed to the appropriate length to properly sandwich all together. The cable and lever installation was simple.

What I regret now is that I did not pay enough attention to the different valves you can choose from. Ones with a detent feature, ones with a float feature... I came from an old Nuffield with one hydraulic out pressure line which you had to connect to a valve block to control my aftermarket FEL. Having more than that in the form of rear remotes was was going to be a joy. However, as time went on I was getting frustrated by the way a valve would function. The one controlling the rotation of my snow blower chute had a float feature. I could not just shove the remote lever forward and let the rotation of the chute happen while I did other things because it would go into the float position. Rotating the chute in the other direction by pulling the remote lever rather than pushing it .did not involve the float feature so it worked fine. Most confusing

I have not added a third remote yet but intend to. When I do I am, going to spend days to choose the one that will best fit my needs.

I cannot tell you when it happens or how but suddenly none of the remotes will work and you realize a valve has remained in a position where it is taking all the hydraulic flow and the other valve does not work.

The valves do not seem to split up the hydraulic flow and share it but one takes it all and the other gets nothing until the first is back in the center position.

Hope this was of some help.

Also remember there are two pressure relief valves that can affect things although this is not made clear in the manual. There is a pressure relief valve near the rear remotes and this is the one shown in the shop manual to adjust the hydraulic pressure. Actually, if you have the factory FEL , there is a relief valve under the guard for the FEL valve near the right foot steps. The trick is that the hydraulic flow from the pump goes first to the FEL valve and then to the rear remote circuit and relief valve.

You can measure and adjust the hydraulic relief valve as shown in the shop manual and, as I did, find you cannot get the pressure for the 3 pt and rear remotes up to the spec level and therefore have problems lifting heavy stuff on the 3 pt. What is not clear in the beginning is the hydraulic flow goes first to the FEL valve where its relief valve can affect not only the pressure for the FEl but the other pressures which come from a power beyond port in the loader valve and then to the rear of the tractor. If it is set too low then nothing you can do at the rear relief valve will make a difference.

This picture is of the studs and O rings I have left after the mechanic finished installing my second rear remote. Two are smaller in diameter than the third one. They don't look used. My guess is that the kit came with studs for the valve going in either the second or third remote position and the kit included both stud lengths.

Dave M7040

bc1962

Equipment
M7060HD ROPS / M4-071D / M6800 ROPS / RC2512 / ZD1211
Nov 23, 2015
Walnut Grove, AL
Dave,

Thank you for your reply. Very insightful as I also plan to install another rear remote. I have seen where Kubota offer different ones with different functionality. I will do my homework before I commit. Also, thanks for the adjustment portion. I really never considered having to adjust anything other than mechanical linkage. I will get the shop manual and study before I attempt this myself.

Bill