M7060 Thoughts?

Kwinstead

Jul 2, 2014
Brandon, MS
Hey guys! New to the site. I am currently in the market for a new tractor. I was ready to pull the trigger on a John Deere 5075E, but I stopped by the local Kubota dealership a few days ago, and was blown away at how nice the M7060 was. My Dad currently owns a John Deere 950 that he's had as long as I can remember. With that being said, I grew up on a John Deere, and that little tractor has done everything that has been asked of it. Now, I want a bigger tractor, one capable of pulling 6' equipment, and at some point I am going to buy a 9', or 10' bush hog. I am not a farmer as I only own 30 acres, but my grandmother owns 100 acres that I bush hog, and plant food plots on yearly. Does anybody have any experience with the Kubota M7060? Pros, cons? Is it too much tractor for what I am going to use it for? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
We have an M8540 and in my opinion, the M7060 isn't too big for your needs. Now if you're going to trailer it, maybe not so handy. The M60 Series has much better shift linkage than the M40.

Kwinstead

Jul 2, 2014
Brandon, MS
Thanks TripleR! Most of the land I have access to is close by (within 5-6 miles). I could drive the tractor to most places, but I own a 25' equipment trailer. I shouldn't need to haul it much, (service, etc.) but if I do I think I'll be ok with my trailer. Do you think the 64 pto hp will be enough for a 10' bush hog (pull type)? Most areas I cut are wooded it is mainly grass, but an occasional hedge or sweet gum.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Thanks TripleR! Most of the land I have access to is close by (within 5-6 miles). I could drive the tractor to most places, but I own a 25' equipment trailer. I shouldn't need to haul it much, (service, etc.) but if I do I think I'll be ok with my trailer. Do you think the 64 pto hp will be enough for a 10' bush hog (pull type)? Most areas I cut are wooded it is mainly grass, but an occasional hedge or sweet gum.
No problem, a guy on TBN foreman Etexas pulls a 12' pull type with his M7040s, he has two.

Gundoctor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota M7040 4x4/ BX2230 4x4/ JD MX 8/ Ford 101 Moldboard 3 bottom Plows -
I have a M7040 & I use a John Deere MX 8' bush hog. It is just a toy with this machine. You should be just fine with this Kubota.

Good Liuck
When you get it post some photo's as we all like to see it.

David Pidgeon

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Hey guys! New to the site. I am currently in the market for a new tractor. I was ready to pull the trigger on a John Deere 5075E, but I stopped by the local Kubota dealership a few days ago, and was blown away at how nice the M7060 was. My Dad currently owns a John Deere 950 that he's had as long as I can remember. With that being said, I grew up on a John Deere, and that little tractor has done everything that has been asked of it. Now, I want a bigger tractor, one capable of pulling 6' equipment, and at some point I am going to buy a 9', or 10' bush hog. I am not a farmer as I only own 30 acres, but my grandmother owns 100 acres that I bush hog, and plant food plots on yearly. Does anybody have any experience with the Kubota M7060? Pros, cons? Is it too much tractor for what I am going to use it for? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I just have to say this. As long as you have room to turn the tractor around, you can't have to much tractor. ;)

Kwinstead

Jul 2, 2014
Brandon, MS
That is awesome!!!! Thanks for the replies. I hope to pull the trigger sometime next month. All I am waiting for is approval from the accountant 😳. Although it will probably involve a bribe with some sort of jewelry, but I think that will be a pretty good swap. I will definetly post some pics as soon as I get my hands on "The Orange Beast"! Thanks again!