M7060 sputtering and die when pto engaged

Dman454

Equipment
M7060, landpride bushhog
Sep 8, 2020
South Carolina
My m7060 sputters, loses power and dies when I engage the pto to cut brush with my landpride bushhog. This started happening after I forgot to put the fuel cap on and cut brush for a couple hours. Both only have 58 hours on them.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
You have crud in the intake fuel line. Most likely it's at the water separator where the fuel line enters the top of the casting. Next time. remember to put the fuel cap back on.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
My m7060 sputters, loses power and dies when I engage the pto to cut brush with my landpride bushhog. This started happening after I forgot to put the fuel cap on and cut brush for a couple hours. Both only have 58 hours on them.
Any error codes showing up on the display?

To determine if it is lack of power or a safety system shutting the engine down, try with the pto disconnected but engaged.

Dave M7040

Like Tractors

Equipment
Several Kubotas
Jan 1, 2020
Eastern Iowa

If it turns out that it isn't a fuel system restriction, measure fuel pressure at the fuel filter inlet. There is a fuel supply pressure problem on those machines, I have been through this, Kubota is aware of it.

Technical Ted

Equipment
L3560/cab LA805 loader LandPride RCF2060 rotary cutter, HLA hyd angle snow blade
Jul 2, 2016
Dansville NY
Yes, could be a fuel problem, but maybe it's a problem with the sensor that detects the operator is in the seat? I know if I stand up while running mine it kills the engine.

Ted

Dman454

Equipment
M7060, landpride bushhog
Sep 8, 2020
South Carolina

To determine if it is lack of power or a safety system shutting the engine down, try with the pto disconnected but engaged.

Dave M7040

Dave M7040
No error codes. The tractor is actually choking down just idling now.