M7060 fuel line leak help

AJared

Sep 18, 2018
Medon, TN
I have a 2018 M7060 and have a leak in the rubber fuel hose about 2 inches from where it exits the bottom right hand side of the fuel tank. Does anyone have an idea how to replace this hose? Thanks!

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
If I recall correctly, I had similar leak very close to the tank on my M6040 and could not locate it untill I drained the tank and dropped it. At which point I could see it was just upstream [downstream] of where it connected to the nipple on the tank and was actually accessible without pulling the tank. I Think I just cut the hose beyond the leak and spliced in a short repair piece. It has been working fine for a few years now.

AJared

Sep 18, 2018
Medon, TN
If I recall correctly, I had similar leak very close to the tank on my M6040 and could not locate it untill I drained the tank and dropped it. At which point I could see it was just upstream [downstream] of where it connected to the nipple on the tank and was actually accessible without pulling the tank. I Think I just cut the hose beyond the leak and spliced in a short repair piece. It has been working fine for a few years now.
Thank you for the response. I was thinking about attempting to splice it, but I only have access to about 3 inches of the hose. If I drop the tank I would have more access though.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Thank you for the response. I was thinking about attempting to splice it, but I only have access to about 3 inches of the hose. If I drop the tank I would have more access though.
Like I said I couldn’t see the leak till I dropped the tank which was really not too bad. Draining it was more of a pain because it holds 25+ gallons but you could siphon it out before starting.