M7060 error code

Tuck B

Equipment
Kubota m7060
Jun 7, 2022
Salem
My m7060 shut down. I was bush hogging high grass and the mower and tractor shut off and showed an error code of En 9 NG. Won’t start. Won’t even click. I can’t find this code. All I can find is info for En 99. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
That’s a CAN BUS ERROR. Forget the 9 In your error code. Check the ECU fuse. If that’s good, then check your wiring harness connectors for corrosion. The CAN BUS is not communicating between the ECU and other components in the system. You may even try resetting the code by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and then try it again. Many times, it;s a connector problem. Or, if you have pulled any connectors apart, make sure you haven’t pushed a pin back in the connector. Do a search on EN NG and you should get results or see if it’s in the list of error codes for your tractor. It should be. CANBUS is pretty standard.

Reactions: 1 user

Tuck B

Equipment
Kubota m7060
Jun 7, 2022
Salem
That’s a CAN BUS ERROR. Forget the 9 In your error code. Check the ECU fuse. If that’s good, then check your wiring harness connectors for corrosion. The CAN BUS is not communicating between the ECU and other components in the system. You may even try resetting the code by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and then try it again. Many times, it;s a connector problem. Or, if you have pulled any connectors apart, make sure you haven’t pushed a pin back in the connector. Do a search on EN NG and you should get results or see if it’s in the list of error codes for your tractor. It should be. CANBUS is pretty standard.
What’s the CAN BUS? I did pull the ECU fuse and it’s good.

Captain13

Equipment
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
Sorry it took so long. I was mowing the field. Here is. A quick explanation on CANBUS. https://www.csselectronics.com/pages/can-bus-simple-intro-tutorial

my truck uses a CANBUS and it controls all electronic functions from the engine control, power distribution, buttons on the steering wheel changing stations and volume. Everything is on the bus. That way, you don’t have to have a dedicated computer to control everything. It reduces wiring because all communication is handled over the bus system. Check all your fuses. If that don’t yield a solution, you will have to start looking at the harnesses and connectors. Make sure your grounds are clean or noise can be induced on the bus.

Tuck B

Equipment
Kubota m7060
Jun 7, 2022
Salem
Sorry it took so long. I was mowing the field. Here is. A quick explanation on CANBUS. https://www.csselectronics.com/pages/can-bus-simple-intro-tutorial

my truck uses a CANBUS and it controls all electronic functions from the engine control, power distribution, buttons on the steering wheel changing stations and volume. Everything is on the bus. That way, you don’t have to have a dedicated computer to control everything. It reduces wiring because all communication is handled over the bus system. Check all your fuses. If that don’t yield a solution, you will have to start looking at the harnesses and connectors. Make sure your grounds are clean or noise can be induced on the bus.
Thanks so much for the info. I really appreciate it! I’ll let you know what I find.

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
Welcome to OTT
Simplest thing to do is clean/tighten all four(4) battery cable connections? Next check battery voltage with a VOM. Did you check more than 1 fuse to be sure they're not blown?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
A recent issue with a different tractor but similar operating circumstances.
To try and solve the problem owner was told to get under the tractor with a bright light.
That is when he found an HST pedal switch with the wires ripped out from being snagged.
The advice provided by others is all good.
This is just an easy check to do.
Dave

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
CANBUS = Can BUSt your chops for some of the stoopidest reasons…. I replaced an incandescent lamp in my Ram ….and all sorts of weird stuff began to happen. On another occasion, I installed a work-light in the pickup bed …and again…. weird error codes and misbehavior because the new light was not “canbus” compatible.

I’m glad over and over again I have a plain, orange, pre-Tier indirect-injection diesel tractor.

Tuck B

Equipment
Kubota m7060
Jun 7, 2022
Salem
Thanks so much for the info. I really appreciate it! I’ll let you know what I find.
Hi there. So I went through the fuses and found a blown 5amp fuse for the PTO. I also disconnected the battery terminals. The tractor started but only ran about 15 seconds and shut back down again. The same fuse was blown again. And now the PTO light is on along with the same error code. Any idea what might cause this? Thanks again.

Tuck B

Equipment
Kubota m7060
Jun 7, 2022
Salem
A recent issue with a different tractor but similar operating circumstances.
To try and solve the problem owner was told to get under the tractor with a bright light.
That is when he found an HST pedal switch with the wires ripped out from being snagged.
The advice provided by others is all good.
This is just an easy check to do.
Dave
Thanks for the info.

Captain13

Equipment
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
Sounds like you have a short in the PTO switch circuit. That could disrupt the CANBUS. i’m not near my WSM right now but will try to see what the circuit looks like.

Dustyx2

Equipment
BX22, M7060, Landpride RC-2512, Woodmax SB84
Feb 19, 2021
NE Wyoming
Were you using the PTO at the time? I'm guessing probably not the second time. Is this a cab tractor or open station? My 7060 owners manual shows a position 4 fuse "Alternator, PTO, Engine" but it is a 10 amp. My tractor is a cab unit.

So I see the ROPS version has a 5 amp fuse position 10 that is "PTO, Engine". Does this have EPTO? If it does there is a speed sensor just below the EPTO/ standard PTO lever that may be worth looking at? Not sure if the regular PTO tractors have that sensor.

Last edited:

Tuck B

Equipment
Kubota m7060
Jun 7, 2022
Salem
Sounds like you have a short in the PTO switch circuit. That could disrupt the CANBUS. i’m not near my WSM right now but will try to see what the circuit looks like.
Thank you. I really appreciate your time and knowledge.
Were you using the PTO at the time? I'm guessing probably not the second time. Is this a cab tractor or open station? My 7060 owners manual shows a position 4 fuse "Alternator, PTO, Engine" but it is a 10 amp. My tractor is a cab unit.

So I see the ROPS version has a 5 amp fuse position 10 that is "PTO, Engine". Does this have EPTO? If it does there is a speed sensor just below the EPTO/ standard PTO lever that may be worth looking at? Not sure if the regular PTO tractors have that sensor.
I was using the PTO when it first shut down. It is a EPTO with a ROPS and no cab. I’ll look for a sensor. Thanks for all your help.

Tuck B

Equipment
Kubota m7060
Jun 7, 2022
Salem

It also seems like the PTO is still engaged.