M7060 ERROR - 99 and can't perform parked regen

CRH@CGSI

Equipment
M7060
Nov 30, 2023
NC
Hello everyone. I am new to your forum and I purchased a used Kubota recently and apparently inherited a wiring issue. The unit continually blows the 5 amp fuse for the dash panel cluster and when replaced, it will flash ERROR - 99 on the display. The unit is alerting me with the lights that a parked regen is required, however, with unit in neutral, parking brake engaged, and tractor at idle, I can press the button to initiate the regen and the computer will begin to raise the RPMs slightly, but then fall back down as the error code above is flashing and a loud beep sounds each time the light flashes. I have used higher amperage fuses in the slot to see if it would maintain long enough to regen, but that hasn't worked. The panel stays illuminated, but the error code is flashing continuously. I have tried operating at a higher RPM under load in hopes a passive regen would be initiated, but no luck there either. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Dustyx2

Equipment
BX22, M7060, Landpride RC-2512, Woodmax SB84
Feb 19, 2021
NE Wyoming
Is this an open station or cab model? Error 99 is a can buss loss of communication. I would substitute a test light for the fuse and start wiggling wires while looking for the light to brighten, indicating the short.
What is the fuse number or labeling? CAN wiring is twisted pairs.

CRH@CGSI

Equipment
M7060
Nov 30, 2023
NC
Is this an open station or cab model? Error 99 is a can buss loss of communication. I would substitute a test light for the fuse and start wiggling wires while looking for the light to brighten, indicating the short.
What is the fuse number or labeling? CAN wiring is twisted pairs.
Thank you for your assistance. This is an open station tractor. The fuse position on the panel states METER PNL and it is a 5 amp fuse. I currently have a 10 amp in the slot and the dash stays powered up, but the error codes continue to flash. I am guessing the two issues are related, but not certain. This evening I removed the dash panel to expose all wiring and also removed the fuse panel to access those wires as well. I identified which wire from the fuse panel and where it goes in the plug on the back of the panel. I wiggled every connection in there and nothing made anything change. I will try the test light method tomorrow to see if I notice anything different. Short of buying a new board, is there a way to test the harness or the board? Thank you again.

Dustyx2

Equipment
BX22, M7060, Landpride RC-2512, Woodmax SB84
Feb 19, 2021
NE Wyoming
Here is the diagram for the panel from the workshop manual. If it's a constant "short" on the board it probably isn't going to show itself with a test light. If it's a wiring short the light may work for you. Looks like you need to look in other areas besides just the instrument cluster. The ECM is under the seat as well as the seat switch. I don't know where the pto switch is but it looks like it is an area to look also. look for mouse damage.

Attachments

Last edited:

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Unfortunately I can't help with your problem, and I am not an electrical engineer, but doubling the fuse amperage sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

I suggest putting the correct size fuse back in, then figure out how to test it properly.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Agreee..buy a lot of 5 amp fuses ! The 10 amp is a bad idea,though it proves dash is 'kinda working'... excessive current leads to overheating and perhaps a fire.

1st you NEED the wiring diagram (it'll be in the WSM). Without it, you're just guessing

2nd you NEED to KNOW what that error code 99 really means. It makes no sense to me it'd have TWO different meanings depending on the structure of the tractor( can, no cab) .
If it really is a 'CANbus' error. disconnect battery, then find ALL the 'CANbus' wiring and connectors(should be 4 wires). Disconnect and reconnect all the plugs 3-4 times to be sure they're 'seated' properly. CANbus ,while being 'the industry standard' is NOT a robust system,probe to hair pulling nightmares....

3rd Carefully inspect ALL the wiring that goes to the 'dash',look for possible cut wires touching sharp metal or other wires. See if MICE have been there.

query. does the tractor actually run and operate OK ? does any feature NOT work ? maybe a wire from a sensor had fallen off, semishorted and is the real problem ?