M7040 Fuel Tank Removal

TATORPOKE

Equipment
M7040
Jul 10, 2010
Claremore, OK, USA
New to Kubota, bought a new M7040 in January. Only 49 hours to date. Brushhogging last night and pull the fuel line off the tank. Having trouble getting line reattached. Is there an easy way to attach without removing protective plate under tank. If not, how hard is it to remove the metal plate under the tank to gain better access to the connection? Thanks in advance for your help.

E/S

Equipment
2009 M8540HDC 4x4 w/ Cab
Jan 6, 2010
Reno, NV
Had the same thing happen to my M8540 ( only on the return line ). Instead of removing the tank, I cut a 2" hole in the skid plate and reattached the line.

E/S

ebatch03

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040
May 15, 2015
Schulenburg
I have a 1 yr old M7040 (150 hrs) that appears to have a plug in the line from the tank, or in the tank. There is little flow at the water filter and when I blow back into the tank from the water filter, I then get good flow and the tractor runs fine for 3-5 min. and then starts seriously losing power and sometimes stops. There is no cab on the tractor. The dealer cannot get to it for 2 weeks.

How difficult is it to remove the tank? And is there any fancy (floating) suction in the tank?

Appreciate any info. or ideas.

jcummins

Equipment
Kubota M7040, F3680, JD Gator 855D
Oct 19, 2013
Creal Springs, IL
I have a 1 yr old M7040 (150 hrs) that appears to have a plug in the line from the tank, or in the tank. There is little flow at the water filter and when I blow back into the tank from the water filter, I then get good flow and the tractor runs fine for 3-5 min. and then starts seriously losing power and sometimes stops. There is no cab on the tractor. The dealer cannot get to it for 2 weeks.

How difficult is it to remove the tank? And is there any fancy (floating) suction in the tank?

Appreciate any info. or ideas.
Doable...but a pita. Dealer says they take off left tire for better access in fact their manuals tell them to do it that way. I did not have that luxury. I ruptured mine....and found it will come out from the bottom. You will have to get your head up it there for some of the bolts.