M6800 electrical issue

M6800angled

Equipment
M6800
Jul 12, 2023
Arkansas
So I just bought an M6800 with about 1400hr. I just replaced the battery but it didn't help. If I let it sit for a day or two it won't start. If you put a jump to it she'll fire right up. It seems like a little 12v would get it to jump. You don't have to let it sit and it fires right off. I'm thinking I have a small parasitic draw. Anyone know of any common issues?

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
So I just bought an M6800 with about 1400hr. I just replaced the battery but it didn't help. If I let it sit for a day or two it won't start. If you put a jump to it she'll fire right up. It seems like a little 12v would get it to jump. You don't have to let it sit and it fires right off. I'm thinking I have a small parasitic draw. Anyone know of any common issues?
Fully charge the battery and then have it load tested. If the battery checks out, then check the battery cables at each end. Never install a new battery before giving it a full charge, (I know, nobody does that). If you don't have a quality charger and the knowledge to use it to get a full charge, then fix those problems. A simple test for a parasitic draw is to remove one battery cable and place a small 12 volt bulb between the cable end and the post, if it lights, you have a problem.

Reactions: 1 user

GBJeffOH

Equipment
L4060, EA Grapple, 6' LP Brush Hog, 8' snow plow, 6' LP tiller, EA Forks, Spraye
Nov 17, 2014
Jefferson, Ohio

12251hd

Equipment
M6800, L35, RTV
Nov 23, 2018
Woodbridge, VA
Probably not your problem, but I had to replace the ground cable on my 6800 as ohm meter showed it was faulty with a weak start. Good luck.

#40Fan

Jul 21, 2022
USA
Next time you need to jump it, try just putting the jumper cable end on the tractor battery. See if the force of the clamps squeezing the battery cables is all that it needs.