M6060 Tire replacement options

krw1103

Equipment
B3200, M6060, LA1154 Loader, 60" LP box blade, 120" land grader, Cat 307 Exc
Feb 26, 2023
Mississippi
I recently purchased an M6060 that was a year old with 68 hours on it and due to a mistake I made with the top link, I tore two holes in the left rear tire and gouged out chunks of rubber on the other rear tire. The only thing I can think of is that when I was adjusting the top link when switching from the land leveler to the box blade and forgot to put the keeper pin in the main top link pin. I guess that after 30 minutes of land clearing work the main pin made it all of the way out allowing the top link to drop down from the top of the box blade attachment. When I backed up the box blade dug in and I continues backing until the scarifiers bit into the tires. Two punctures on the left tire and gouged rubber on the other. I saw liquid on the box blade and when I got out I saw it spraying from the left tire. Thank God it was just water from the tire and not hydraulic fluid. Hoping to salvage the punctured tire by getting it patched tomorrow. If I cant salvage, does anyone have any ideas o
IMG_3800.jpg
IMG_3802.jpg
IMG_3800.jpg
IMG_3802.jpg
f what would happen with a new tire on one side and an older tire (110 hours)on the other. Not sure if the differential could make up the difference in feet per rotation or not. Are there clutch plates in the differential like in a HD truck? Also, what recommendations on tires if replacement is needed.
I know its a long post but I could be looking at $1200-$1500 for a set of tires. I'm running R1 ag tires front and back.

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
That difference in wear is of no concern. Its an open diff anyway.

Reactions: 1 user

krw1103

Equipment
B3200, M6060, LA1154 Loader, 60" LP box blade, 120" land grader, Cat 307 Exc
Feb 26, 2023
Mississippi
Gotcha. I am still learing a lot about this bigger machine. I also have a B3200 with mid mount mower and FEL, and had an old B7100 that had the hour meter quit at 6500 hours, and then ran it for another 10 years before trading it in.
Thanks for the info.

Reactions: 1 user

farmer vern

Equipment
m 6060 / bx 2680 / b7100
Mar 19, 2023
wauconda
I recently purchased an M6060 that was a year old with 68 hours on it and due to a mistake I made with the top link, I tore two holes in the left rear tire and gouged out chunks of rubber on the other rear tire. The only thing I can think of is that when I was adjusting the top link when switching from the land leveler to the box blade and forgot to put the keeper pin in the main top link pin. I guess that after 30 minutes of land clearing work the main pin made it all of the way out allowing the top link to drop down from the top of the box blade attachment. When I backed up the box blade dug in and I continues backing until the scarifiers bit into the tires. Two punctures on the left tire and gouged rubber on the other. I saw liquid on the box blade and when I got out I saw it spraying from the left tire. Thank God it was just water from the tire and not hydraulic fluid. Hoping to salvage the punctured tire by getting it patched tomorrow. If I cant salvage, does anyone have any ideas o View attachment 97860 View attachment 97861 View attachment 97860 View attachment 97861 f what would happen with a new tire on one side and an older tire (110 hours)on the other. Not sure if the differential could make up the difference in feet per rotation or not. Are there clutch plates in the differential like in a HD truck? Also, what recommendations on tires if replacement is needed.
I know its a long post but I could be looking at $1200-$1500 for a set of tires. I'm running R1 ag tires front and back.
i just posted i will have a set of perfect radial tires possibly with rims with 60 hours on them see my new post