M5660suhd 3 pt hitch won't raise: problem solved

nmm924

New member

Equipment
m5660suhd
Sep 26, 2020
1
0
1
Tenn
My 2 year old 5660 SUHD 3 pt. hitch would barely raise. Found the position lever to be bending. The position lever is very thin and weak. As you know the older tractors had an arm to lift the 3 point hitch. No warranty or service bulletin, but I know others have had this same problem. I replaced the handle with a thicker heavier piece of steel. I knew this flimsy handle piece was the problem b/c I could pull on the thicker stronger metal that was connected to the housing. When i pulled on the thicker piece of metal down range from the thin piece, the lift would raise with no problem, but I can't get off the tractor every time I wanted to raise the lift. This is a pretty major design flaw. Can't believe Kubota passed this thru to production.
 
Last edited: