M5660 & LA1154 Loader Reviews/Issues

knightgang

Equipment
Kubota L2950
Aug 20, 2015
Georiga
I am currently looking hard at a M5660. Just wondering what you guys like/dislike about it and what issues you have had with you tractors. Please share as i want to make a really good decision here.

Also, ive been quoted $34,500 and that price includes R4 tires, rear remoted and loader 3rd function hydraulics... (no canopy yet). I have not negotiated yet, so wondering how that compares to prices you have paid. Btw, i am agriculture tax exempt, so there will be no sales tax added.

Thanks

Reactions: 1 user

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Bought mine on November 7, 2020 and have 45 hours on it already. I added factory armrests on the seat, and the one on the right makes it difficult to use the 3 point hitch lever. I noticed this while plowing snow with the rear scraper blade. The other thing I don't like about the tractor is that there is no indicator light on the dash that shows when the front wheel assist is engaged. There is an icon in the panel but no switch on the lever or a lamp in the instrument panel. Neither of these issues are a deal breaker for me.

If you are going to add armrests and the primary use for the tractor is a box blade or other 3PH work that you'll be constantly adjusting or raise/lower then you might want to look for a model with the 3PH lever mounted up higher, or simply omit the armrests. I will be primarily using my 3PH with a brush cutter and I don't raise and lower it very often...only when I lift it over a known obstacle of which there are very few.

I bought the KSR accumulator for the loader and LOVE IT...would highly recommend it. Loader is quick and easy to remove & install. Hydraulic shuttle tranny is nice, smooth, and strong. Bought the Kubota true 3rd function kit with flat face couplers...very nice. Your price quote is spot-on with what I paid. No issues so far. Handles a 6 foot grapple with ease! I also added the right fender grab handle as it's a nice place to put my hand when I'm bush hogging and makes the tractor look more symmetrical.

Last edited:

wyant

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 245
Apr 1, 2021
Toutle, Washington
I'm also looking at the M5660. Would prefer the M6060 but no one in my area has one. I live in South West Washington State. Just curious where you are buying out of? I have recieved a couple quotes all around the $40,000 mark before tax. Thats with the loader, ballast tires and 3rd function kit. Is $34,500 a cash price or something?

knightgang

Equipment
Kubota L2950
Aug 20, 2015
Georiga
I'm also looking at the M5660. Would prefer the M6060 but no one in my area has one. I live in South West Washington State. Just curious where you are buying out of? I have recieved a couple quotes all around the $40,000 mark before tax. That's with the loader, ballast tires and 3rd function kit. Is $34,500 a cash price or something?
I am in Southeast Georgia. I decided to go with the M5660 and I optioned in the following:
-3rd Function kit (WR Long)
-Floor Mats
-Arm Rests
-Deluxe Canopy
-SSQA on the Loader
-Land Pride Pallet Forks

$35,585 (I am tax exempt) and financed at 0%/60 mo.

I did get a price at $41K without the canopy.

There happens to be an Open Platform M6060 on the lot where I am getting my M5660. For am open platform, I did not see enough additional options or creature comforts to justify the price difference (About $3K for me). The most time that we spend on our tractor is when bush hogging through the woods. We are not haying, plowing fields, or otherwise. We maintain 20 acres mowing and bush hogging and about 1/2 mile of road/driveway. So not a lot of seat time and any given time. I could not justify a 6060 for that. And we are moving up from a 32HP 1990's vintage L series. So this is a big step for us.

Reactions: 1 user