M5660 cast center wheel adjustment

Banjomule

Equipment
M5660, Z422
Jun 20, 2022
Iowa
IMG_3880.jpeg
IMG_3881.jpeg

From these pictures can you guys tell me what options I have for setting the wheels out wider? Would swapping the wheels to the other side of the tractor gain me anything or do the centers need to be moved to the other side of the tabs? Or something else?
Thanks in advance!

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Welcome to the forum! Go to your profile and put your M5660 in. It'll help people when you ask questions.

From the manual:
20231020_165613.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Same as my M4500 with pressed centers. Maximum gain by switching the tire and outer rim side for side on the tractor. It's a one man job (for me anyway) if you take your time AND the tires aren't filled. If they are filled with fluid you'll need help.
As opposed to just doing a one sided adjustment you'll have to have both wheels off at the same time so make sure it's well supported by cribbing and or good jack stands.
The couple times I've changed mine around I found it best if it was "just" off the ground. Otherwise you have to have something to lift up the tire and outer wheel assembly too.
This is where you miss the sliding cast centers and rim clamp style mounting like the old Farmall and Deere tractors had.

Reactions: 1 user

Banjomule

Equipment
M5660, Z422
Jun 20, 2022
Iowa
Thanks for the welcome and the info guys! Looks like there are options to gain me several inches. Much appreciated!