M5040 shuttle binding

Jimholland

Mar 20, 2018
Lakeland florida
My 5040 has Manuel shuttle. The shifter was worn bad I replaced everything on it. It’s moves from f n r failure well but binds . New cable I oiled everything possible. Kubota told me remove pin on tranny shaft remove shifter and o ring wd40 in it . 800 hours . The shifter had to be stressed the wear I found was a lot on the shaft it wore a ring and a large oblong hole in the steering wheel mount we’re it meets it. That’s right now lined in Greece . I hat to think the tranny has bad sync after 800. Clutch adjusted. It’s kind of like your truck not shifting into gear when your clutch is not out all the way it’s not free. There’s a blockage or holdup fealing about 70% free just the hard push is not right

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
My 5040 has Manuel shuttle. The shifter was worn bad I replaced everything on it. It’s moves from f n r failure well but binds . New cable I oiled everything possible. Kubota told me remove pin on tranny shaft remove shifter and o ring wd40 in it . 800 hours . The shifter had to be stressed the wear I found was a lot on the shaft it wore a ring and a large oblong hole in the steering wheel mount we’re it meets it. That’s right now lined in Greece . I hat to think the tranny has bad sync after 800. Clutch adjusted. It’s kind of like your truck not shifting into gear when your clutch is not out all the way it’s not free. There’s a blockage or holdup fealing about 70% free just the hard push is not right
Sent you a PM

Dave