M135X transmission issue

Adam09876

Equipment
M135X tractor
Mar 16, 2023
Tasmania
Tractor got about 3800hours on it. Been working fine apart from steering controller leaking oil. (Separate issue?and waiting for part).
Then gears started slipping when going up hill ploughing but fine downhill.
a mechanic adjusted something, each gear I think, by pushing button on the dash seemed to work ok but didn’t try ploughing uphill when he was there. Tried it a week later and same problem again.
Any ideas? I’m not much of a mechanic

loggin

Equipment
MX4700
Sep 4, 2021
canada
Tractor got about 3800hours on it. Been working fine apart from steering controller leaking oil. (Separate issue?and waiting for part).
Then gears started slipping when going up hill ploughing but fine downhill.
a mechanic adjusted something, each gear I think, by pushing button on the dash seemed to work ok but didn’t try ploughing uphill when he was there. Tried it a week later and same problem again.
Any ideas? I’m not much of a mechanic
First off I would not continue letting the clutch pack slip. It might be the clutch discs are in need of replacement but it could also be a problem with hydraulic pressure since the clutch is hydraulically activated. These wet clutches usually last a long time if not abused. Since you say you are not mechanically inclined I would suggest getting a mechanic that knows about this type of transmission to have a look at it.

Hope this helps!!

Adam09876

Equipment
M135X tractor
Mar 16, 2023
Tasmania
First off I would not continue letting the clutch pack slip. It might be the clutch discs are in need of replacement but it could also be a problem with hydraulic pressure since the clutch is hydraulically activated. These wet clutches usually last a long time if not abused. Since you say you are not mechanically inclined I would suggest getting a mechanic that knows about this type of transmission to have a look at it.

Hope this helps!!
Thanks for the reply. Plan on seeing the dealer today about it.
Suppose just looking to see if anyone else had this problem and get an idea if they had to split tractor or could it be adjusted and the cost

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Thanks for the reply. Plan on seeing the dealer today about it.
Suppose just looking to see if anyone else had this problem and get an idea if they had to split tractor or could it be adjusted and the cost
The clutch apply pressure needs checked and it is adjustable if needed. If the pressure is in spec, it will need to be split to access the clutch pack.

Pushing buttons on the dash will not cure a slipping clutch.