m100x cant keep it running

OlFerguson

Equipment
4440, 1120D
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
hey guys i have a m100 with a v3800 engine, 2000 hours . It was running for a while and as soon as you goto move it then it just dies out. i have the flashing warning engine icon on my dash but hard to diagnose when I don't have anything to diagnose it with. So far I have changed the fuel filter, checked and cleaned the water seperator. noted that there was ice in it clogging the bottom. Cleaned it with kerosene. The fuel in the machine is clean. One thing to note when I turn the key I don't hear the usual click click click noises which I'm not sure if the its the fuel solenoid or the actual fuel pump. I've got a copy of the wsm, just wondering if anyone has had this issue and if you have tips to resolve it. It's -40c here tonight and even if i cant get it started its staying plugged in :D stay warm.

Thunder chicken

Equipment
M7060
Dec 29, 2019
Northern ontario
Can you tarp the machine up and put heat to it with a ‘salamander’ type heater to eliminate the possibility of jelled fuel still in it somewhere?
I always keep additive in the fuel just for these days...
Not sure where you are, but our area had a bad batch of fuel at our local bulk station and everyone who filled up there in the last few weeks seemed to find water (well, slush/muck) causing them grief....
48F668DC-A6BE-44BB-AD95-DD89A0D6A2B2.jpeg
I I hope you have a warm place to work on it!

OlFerguson

Equipment
4440, 1120D
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Can you tarp the machine up and put heat to it with a ‘salamander’ type heater to eliminate the possibility of jelled fuel still in it somewhere?
I always keep additive in the fuel just for these days...
Not sure where you are, but our area had a bad batch of fuel at our local bulk station and everyone who filled up there in the last few weeks seemed to find water (well, slush/muck) causing them grief.... View attachment 54790 I I hope you have a warm place to work on it!
I’m in northern Alberta . I’ve heard of people getting bad fuel I hope that’s not the case. I’m taking your advice and tarping tommorow and going to heat it up. I wish my shop was big enough for the tractor

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Instead of trying to move the tractor once it starts, see if the pto will work.

I am trying to rule out a safety system shutting down the tractor.

Dave

OlFerguson

Equipment
4440, 1120D
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Instead of trying to move the tractor once it starts, see if the pto will work.

I am trying to rule out a safety system shutting down the tractor.

Dave
it ran for a good hour before it began sputtering under load a few days ago. Went I went to start it today, it lasted 5 seconds and just fell off and died. I’m hoping it’s a simple fix and not a supply pump. The engine light comes on and off multiple times even when the engine dies. Unsure of what that means .