M 9000 hydraulic leak update

bsamot69

Equipment
M9000
Jul 31, 2018
Grapeland, Texas
Sometime ago, our m 9000 had hydraulic fluid pouring out of the transmission vent. The fluid was full of tiny bubbles, the tractor was sucking air. This issue occurred right at startup. Even though the fluid was overflowing, the hydraulics worked fine and the tractor rolled. With the help of the peeps on this forum, I went through a process of repair focusing on the suction side of the hydraulic system. The filters have been replaced, all the o rings in the suction tube, the o rings on the top and bottom of the hydraulic pump, the front seal on the pump and new fluid. So, now, I start the tractor up, run the front loader up and down, the three point hitch and no bubbles in fluid. I used the tractor to put an incredibly heavy engine hood on a motorgrader. It took quite a while to maneuver the hood back in place. A lot of up and down with front loader, minor adjustment with tractor position and voila, it's back on. The tractor was running the entire time, no operational problems with hydraulics (there were no operational issues at the start). Even better, no leaking hydraulic fluid.
Now, I start up the tractor, head out to hay the cows. Get to the first gate down the road a ways and glance under the tractor. There is hydraulic fluid coming out of vent.
My question, the only time the hydraulic fluid gets aerated and comes out the transmission vent is when the tractor is driven. If the machine is stationary, the hydraulics operated, there is no fluid leaking. What is going on here? Thank you in advance

dvcochran

Equipment
Kubota M9000, New Holland TN90, Deere 2640, Vermeer 504N, Vermeer 504SI, more
Feb 23, 2011
Dickson, TN
Sometime ago, our m 9000 had hydraulic fluid pouring out of the transmission vent. The fluid was full of tiny bubbles, the tractor was sucking air. This issue occurred right at startup. Even though the fluid was overflowing, the hydraulics worked fine and the tractor rolled. With the help of the peeps on this forum, I went through a process of repair focusing on the suction side of the hydraulic system. The filters have been replaced, all the o rings in the suction tube, the o rings on the top and bottom of the hydraulic pump, the front seal on the pump and new fluid. So, now, I start the tractor up, run the front loader up and down, the three point hitch and no bubbles in fluid. I used the tractor to put an incredibly heavy engine hood on a motorgrader. It took quite a while to maneuver the hood back in place. A lot of up and down with front loader, minor adjustment with tractor position and voila, it's back on. The tractor was running the entire time, no operational problems with hydraulics (there were no operational issues at the start). Even better, no leaking hydraulic fluid.
Now, I start up the tractor, head out to hay the cows. Get to the first gate down the road a ways and glance under the tractor. There is hydraulic fluid coming out of vent.
My question, the only time the hydraulic fluid gets aerated and comes out the transmission vent is when the tractor is driven. If the machine is stationary, the hydraulics operated, there is no fluid leaking. What is going on here? Thank you in advance
Is there possibly a case vent for the main gear housing somewhere that has gotten stopped up? Sounds like pressure is building somewhere to me.