LX3310

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I do like that front lift setup for the blower. But the pictures also show every reason I didn't get the CAB model and elected for the LX2610SU.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
I do like that front lift setup for the blower. But the pictures also show every reason I didn't get the CAB model and elected for the LX2610SU.
I looked at the pics but what are you referring too?

Reactions: 1 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
WIth the CAB model, the BH77 frame and subframe are longer, making the boom pivot stick out a lot farther than it does with a ROPS or SU model tractor, and also moves the stabilizers farther back from the rear wheels. This is to accommodate the second seat, but the operating platform is still smaller because of the seat location, so people with big feet have to sit with their toes turned outward, which as you know, ain't good for old folks with bad knees/hips. The additional length GREATLY reduces the departure angle which will require a much lower hauling trailer with longer ramps to load/unload, as well as restricts how deep a ravine you will be able to get across without the backhoe getting you stuck. The ROPS or SU model subframes eliminate the need for the extender on the BH77 and the subframe is shorter too, and a seat adapter lets you simply pivot the same seat you drive from to operate the hoe.

If you buy the CAB model for your comfort while operating, you're not going to have air-conditioning or heat while using the hoe because the second seat is outside. But that CAB sure will be nice if you have enough snow to warrant a blower and you're out in it for a while.

Having a shorter length with the BH77 drastically improves the departure angle if you have a ROPS or SU model. The SU model (ROPS without the bells and whistles) comes standard with oversize tires which add nearly 4 more inches of ground clearance and a much larger footprint which helps carry the weight of the machine when you add the BH77, and improves the departure angle even more. If you order the BH77 as part of the SU package, it also includes the seat swivel under the standard seat. Not sure if it does with the ROPS model, but can't see why it wouldn't since the second seat is not needed if there is no cab. I have no clue if the swivel will work under the deluxe seat. The standard seat ain't so bad if you add the arm rests.

The SU is not as fancy with options, and it does NOT have the mid PTO (i.e. no MMM or front mounted blower or anything else that uses the higher speed mid-PTO), but it's intended purpose/market target was for a SPECIAL UTILITY version that would likely be stored outside more than other models targeting home use markets. People that use backhoes for a living rarely take them off the trailers until it's time to put them to work, and fewer still have large enough shops to accommodate putting trailer and machine inside without unloading. The SU is pretty devoid of gadgets and gizwidgets that some feel are 'necessary' on their tractor. Convenient, yes, handy, yes, necessary, maybe not. Leaving fancy stuff out in the weather typically makes more things to fail and cause other issues.

Reactions: 2 users

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
what was the price?
I didn't ask, but here in Soviet Canukistan the MSRP on that LX3310 is $40,000 BEFORE you add loader, K-Connect, blower and backhoe.

As for that style backhoe, I wish I had one like that with it's own seat. Because it sure ruined my seat and ride quality when I added the backhoe to my B.
Adding the swivel deleted the suspension and the lock mechanism that hold the seat down in the locked position is the absolute worst design I have ever seen.

Reactions: 1 user

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I didn't ask, but here in Soviet Canukistan the MSRP on that LX3310 is $40,000 BEFORE you add loader, K-Connect, blower and backhoe.

As for that style backhoe, I wish I had one like that with it's own seat. Because it sure ruined my seat and ride quality when I added the backhoe to my B.
Adding the swivel deleted the suspension and the lock mechanism that hold the seat down in the locked position is the absolute worst design I have ever seen.
Soviet Canukistan....... Tears in my eyes Thats Funny !

• Love

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL

Lynx

Equipment
LX3310HSDCC, LA535 FEL, K64-22-7CF Snowblower, Wallenstein BX52S wood chipper,
Dec 5, 2021
Desbarats, Ontario
Soviet Canukistan....... Tears in my eyes Thats Funny !
Yup! I'm gonna have to borrow that....LOL!
Just took delivery, from that same dealer, of an LX3310 + FEL + front mount blower etc.. and yeah, a little less than $40K kanuk buks for the tractor + $5.7k for the FEL plus plus plus......
Great tractor though... I have about 10 hrs on it so far, and couldn't be happier with the purchase.
Really happy with the dealer experience as well ( North Shore Tractor in Echo Bay, Ontario )
Highly recommended!!
( Both the LX3310 & North Shore Tractor )

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Yup! I'm gonna have to borrow that....LOL!
Just took delivery, from that same dealer, of an LX3310 + FEL + front mount blower etc.. and yeah, a little less than $40K kanuk buks for the tractor + $5.7k for the FEL plus plus plus......
Great tractor though... I have about 10 hrs on it so far, and couldn't be happier with the purchase.
Really happy with the dealer experience as well ( North Shore Tractor in Echo Bay, Ontario )
Highly recommended!!
( Both the LX3310 & North Shore Tractor )
Yep, Tom and everyone there treat me like gold. Sounds like you got a nice unit. Hope it treats you well. Keep me updated how it goes all winter. I still fear DPF's. Would be nice to hear these 3310's work well in our climate.

That wasn't your tractor was it?

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
If I am not mistaken, that is a front mount snow blower. See the black bracket at the front?
Yes it is. That is the K-Connect setup. Why they have it and the loader on at the same time I have no idea, because I certainly wouldn't want to deliver it that way with the loader in the air, LOL

Lynx

Equipment
Dec 5, 2021
Desbarats, Ontario
Yes it is. That is the K-Connect setup. Why they have it and the loader on at the same time I have no idea, because I certainly wouldn't want to deliver it that way with the loader in the air, LOL
well.... They delivered my LX3310 with the loader up over top of the blower, but the blower and K-connect were on pallets, not attached to the tractor. There was also a wood chipper on the 3 point hitch, and a box blade and pallet forks involved, so I figured that was the only way they could get it all on the trailer in one go.
Luckily, they didn't have to go too far......: )

Lynx

Equipment
Dec 5, 2021
Desbarats, Ontario
Yep, Tom and everyone there treat me like gold. Sounds like you got a nice unit. Hope it treats you well. Keep me updated how it goes all winter. I still fear DPF's. Would be nice to hear these 3310's work well in our climate.

That wasn't your tractor was it?
No, that's not my gear.
I have the 64" commercial blower, and didn't get a backhoe.

re: the DPF... So this is my first tractor, and was bought to maintain the new property we just moved into.
I thought long and hard about an LX2610, but I went with the LX3310 to get the 27hp @ the mid PTO (vs 19hp on the LX2610 ) specifically to power the snowblower.
All my research suggested that snowblowers eat HP for breakfast, and job #1 for the tractor is going to be clearing snow. The new place is off grid on solar power, with a >500ft driveway into a large open courtyard between the house and garage.
If I need a diesel delivery for the back-up generator, the truck needs to be able to get in here, no excuses. It gets cold up here, and we do get some serious snow.
Being able to get out of the house for beer will also be nice!

I can report that I was out for the first blower run yesterday morning, clearing about 12" of lake effect snow from the last 2 days, and the tractor / blower combo exceeded my wildest expectations! I'm very pleased with the performance so far. Pretty sure I won't ever have to worry about running out of horsepower to clear snow.

I will say the tractor did take 2 tries to start, but it was minus 17deg C overnight at my place, and I forgot to use the block heater, so not too bad I guess. If it hadn't started on the second try, I was going to stop and plug her in for an hour or 2, but it was all good!
I did make sure she was good and warmed up before I headed out to clear the snow. ( took about 5-7 minutes )
I'm thinking in the future, any time it's below about minus 10 deg C or so, I'm going to plug her in for a bit before I try to start her up.

I'm at about 12hrs now, so I'll let you know when I do the first regen, and how that all goes.

Reactions: 1 user

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
well.... They delivered my LX3310 with the loader up over top of the blower, but the blower and K-connect were on pallets, not attached to the tractor. There was also a wood chipper on the 3 point hitch, and a box blade and pallet forks involved, so I figured that was the only way they could get it all on the trailer in one go.
Luckily, they didn't have to go too far......: )
Oh ya? LOL One thing I have to say though.....when I bought the backhoe last winter John came to pick up my tractor to take it for the install. I mentioned that I hated the thought of my tractor going down the highway in the road salt. And Tom knows how I take care of my stuff, so John showed up with an enclosed trailer! I thought that was cool.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
No, that's not my gear.
I have the 64" commercial blower, and didn't get a backhoe.

re: the DPF... So this is my first tractor, and was bought to maintain the new property we just moved into.
I thought long and hard about an LX2610, but I went with the LX3310 to get the 27hp @ the mid PTO (vs 19hp on the LX2610 ) specifically to power the snowblower.
All my research suggested that snowblowers eat HP for breakfast, and job #1 for the tractor is going to be clearing snow. The new place is off grid on solar power, with a >500ft driveway into a large open courtyard between the house and garage.
If I need a diesel delivery for the back-up generator, the truck needs to be able to get in here, no excuses. It gets cold up here, and we do get some serious snow.
Being able to get out of the house for beer will also be nice!

I can report that I was out for the first blower run yesterday morning, clearing about 12" of lake effect snow from the last 2 days, and the tractor / blower combo exceeded my wildest expectations! I'm very pleased with the performance so far. Pretty sure I won't ever have to worry about running out of horsepower to clear snow.

I will say the tractor did take 2 tries to start, but it was minus 17deg C overnight at my place, and I forgot to use the block heater, so not too bad I guess. If it hadn't started on the second try, I was going to stop and plug her in for an hour or 2, but it was all good!
I did make sure she was good and warmed up before I headed out to clear the snow. ( took about 5-7 minutes )
I'm thinking in the future, any time it's below about minus 10 deg C or so, I'm going to plug her in for a bit before I try to start her up.

I'm at about 12hrs now, so I'll let you know when I do the first regen, and how that all goes.
Right on Lynx. I'm in Goulais. Being off grid sounds cool. I looked into solar before too but everyone told me it would be 35 years before I saw payback? I have no idea. But I know my family likes power! LOL

Ya, you definitely shouldn't run out of power snow blowing with that tractor. I know my 26 h.p. B2620 can handle a bigger blower than the 51 inch I have.

Once you do an oil change put synthetic in it. It will start way easier. I never have to plug mine in. Except for when we get colder than minus 25*C....then I do just to make it easier on it.

What chipper did you get? I have a Wallenstein BXM32 chipper/shredder and it doesn't use all my power. Tractor could handle bigger yet.

Lynx

Equipment
Dec 5, 2021
Desbarats, Ontario
Thanks for the tip on the synthetic oil!
Chipper is a Wallenstein BX52S. I just told the salesman ( Marty ) that I wanted a chipper, and that's the one he recommended for my rear PTO horsepower. It'll chip up to 5", and any lumber bigger than 5" is firewood anyway.

Don't know anything about payback on a solar investment either, but if I wanted to live where I do, it's the only option. Closest electrical pole is about 5km away.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
That's the one thing they told me Lynx. If you have to install poles and wires, it pays for itself then.

D

Deleted member 47704

WIth the CAB model, the BH77 frame and subframe are longer, making the boom pivot stick out a lot farther than it does with a ROPS or SU model tractor, and also moves the stabilizers farther back from the rear wheels. This is to accommodate the second seat, but the operating platform is still smaller because of the seat location, so people with big feet have to sit with their toes turned outward, which as you know, ain't good for old folks with bad knees/hips. The additional length GREATLY reduces the departure angle which will require a much lower hauling trailer with longer ramps to load/unload, as well as restricts how deep a ravine you will be able to get across without the backhoe getting you stuck. The ROPS or SU model subframes eliminate the need for the extender on the BH77 and the subframe is shorter too, and a seat adapter lets you simply pivot the same seat you drive from to operate the hoe.

If you buy the CAB model for your comfort while operating, you're not going to have air-conditioning or heat while using the hoe because the second seat is outside. But that CAB sure will be nice if you have enough snow to warrant a blower and you're out in it for a while.

Having a shorter length with the BH77 drastically improves the departure angle if you have a ROPS or SU model. The SU model (ROPS without the bells and whistles) comes standard with oversize tires which add nearly 4 more inches of ground clearance and a much larger footprint which helps carry the weight of the machine when you add the BH77, and improves the departure angle even more. If you order the BH77 as part of the SU package, it also includes the seat swivel under the standard seat. Not sure if it does with the ROPS model, but can't see why it wouldn't since the second seat is not needed if there is no cab. I have no clue if the swivel will work under the deluxe seat. The standard seat ain't so bad if you add the arm rests.

The SU is not as fancy with options, and it does NOT have the mid PTO (i.e. no MMM or front mounted blower or anything else that uses the higher speed mid-PTO), but it's intended purpose/market target was for a SPECIAL UTILITY version that would likely be stored outside more than other models targeting home use markets. People that use backhoes for a living rarely take them off the trailers until it's time to put them to work, and fewer still have large enough shops to accommodate putting trailer and machine inside without unloading. The SU is pretty devoid of gadgets and gizwidgets that some feel are 'necessary' on their tractor. Convenient, yes, handy, yes, necessary, maybe not. Leaving fancy stuff out in the weather typically makes more things to fail and cause other issues.
Thats true , but I added cruise control, arm rests, tilt wheel and a Kubota rear work light.Whwn Curtis has a cab for it I'm putting one on, Curtis has a habit of making cabs that work with the backhoe without resorting to dual seats etc.