I just got the email from Kubota, anybody know what this is for? msc 2022-001
thanks

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I just got this notice too. I have discussed with my dealer who will address it. I asked if I could put it off until next winter they said it wont take long to just take care of it. I'm not sure if they can do it at my house or if I will just run the machine over to them.

I only have about 75 hours on the LX but its hands down the smoothest and best running machine I've had since my B2601 and BX.

Paraphrase from my local dealer
a software update is needed to make sure the ECU is communicating with the supply pump properly, stating the engine may potentially lose power.

Reactions: 1 users

lmpres

Equipment
lx2610
Jul 3, 2020
New Hampshire
I have the lx2610. I just got a recall notice too. And when I called the dealer and they looked it up by serial number, it was for an electrical switch associated with the backhoe on the LX3310 &LX2610 (Which I don't have).

I had already thrown the notice away, I looked for it, cuz I could have sworn it was for the same number on the original posting of this thread.

I would call your dealer just to make sure.....

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I just got the email from Kubota, anybody know what this is for? msc 2022-001
thanks
MSC-2022-001: B-Series; Defect of V1505-CR Engine ECU (Error Code P0089 Is Displayed)
Document ID CA428
Status Published
Published Date 01/09/2022

Title
MSC-2022-001: B-Series; Defect of V1505-CR Engine ECU (Error Code P0089 Is Displayed)
Description
This Campaign describes preventative repairs/modifications which must be performed whether a failure has occurred or not. Complete all eligible units as soon as possible, always prior to retail, and whenever they are in the shop for maintenance or repair. Please contact your customers to arrange for timely repair of retailed units.
Product Line
B-Series
Models
LX3310
Serial Numbers
No code has to be inserted here.
*Not all units in these serial ranges are affected by this Mandatory Service Campaign
To determine if your unit is required to be updated, look up your model and serial number in K-Warranty or the K-Service App’s Machine Lookup function to see if this Mandatory Campaign has been assigned to your unit.
Issue
Error code P0089 may appear on the display and the engine may not accelerate correctly due to a supply pump learning issue with the engine ECU software.
Solution
Reprogram the engine ECU to the latest software available on the software page, relearn the supply pump, and then clear the Meter Panel error information per the Workshop Manual.
Note: To prevent a communication error during ECU reprogramming, ensure the parking brake is set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user

Orange man hero

Equipment
LX2610HSD
Mar 12, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
I have the lx2610. I just got a recall notice too. And when I called the dealer and they looked it up by serial number, it was for an electrical switch associated with the backhoe on the LX3310 &LX2610 (Which I don't have).

I had already thrown the notice away, I looked for it, cuz I could have sworn it was for the same number on the original posting of this thread.

SAME HERE!

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
I just got this notice too. I have discussed with my dealer who will address it. I asked if I could put it off until next winter they said it wont take long to just take care of it. I'm not sure if they can do it at my house or if I will just run the machine over to them.

I only have about 75 hours on the LX but its hands down the smoothest and best running machine I've had since my B2601 and BX.

Paraphrase from my local dealer
Mine is cold blooded

Orange man hero

Equipment
LX2610HSD
Mar 12, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
Mine is cold blooded
Mine is too at times. Sometimes if on the block heater for an hour it will start with 5 seconds of glow plug at idle. Other times it will take multiple glow plug attempts and then it will start at advanced throttle. I prefer it starts at idle as cold engine starts are 70% of engine wear.

Taghkanic

Equipment
LX3310
Feb 24, 2022
Hudson Valley NY

I had a similar experience with my dealer... When I called, they claimed there was no notice on my LX3310, except one for people with backhoes. (I don’t have a backhoe.)

And the page at the Kubota site does not specify the issue, only just reiterates to call your dealer.

I asked two of my service guys why I would have gotten a Kubota official notice, which included my serial number, and tried to get them to double-check. But they assured me there was nothing related to my tractor.

... Then I did a little research, including what I read above, and called them back with info about refreshing the ECU. They said they’d had to look into it.

About 30 minutes later they did call back and said, “Oh yeah, we hadn’t seen that, we can come out in a week and reflash it for ’ya.”

Jeez.

FWIW, I have had an issue with stalling on the tractor in cold weather. It stalled out twice while I was using it to plow. It was about 20 degrees out... Cold, but nothing that my prior tractor (B2620) didn’t handle just fine. Not sure if this is related to the bulletin.

Anyway, thanks to the posters here I should be getting this fixed soon.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Interesting, I have run the machine in everything from cool weather down to single digits and have had no problems starting or running. Starts on first attempt every time no matter how cold and has always run fine even when it got down to about 6°F.

Taghkanic

Equipment
LX3310
Feb 24, 2022
Hudson Valley NY
Interesting, I have run the machine in everything from cool weather down to single digits and have had no problems starting or running. Starts on first attempt every time no matter how cold and has always run fine even when it got down to about 6°F.
I was told by a different dealer (not the one I use) that the recall/bulletin does not apply to all LX3310s, just those with certain serial numbers. Said have your dealer enter your serial number to make sure it needs the adjustment.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Why do they say it is for B series and then list the only model LX3310? Wouldn't it be the LX series?

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Why do they say it is for B series and then list the only model LX3310? Wouldn't it be the LX series?
From the post above:

"Product Line
B-Series
Models
LX3310
Serial Numbers
No code has to be inserted here."

Apparently the LX models are B-Series.
On a side rant, maybe after the B3350 DPF regen debacle Kubota wanted to shift away from the B50 series name recognition a bit? Basically the same tractors with a few doodads changed/added.

I wouldn't mind the emerg brake indicator light on the LXs. Taken off too many times and not noticed a bit that the brake pedal locked down a notch, until the hst whine or tractor performance catches my attention. Can't be good for it! But no worse for wear. These are tough tractors. You don't find that out until they run into some inadvertent (usually) abuse once in a while.

Reactions: 1 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
unless Kubota uses V1505-CR engine in a "B" series outside the USA?

Taghkanic

Equipment
LX3310
Feb 24, 2022
Hudson Valley NY
FWIW, I did finally (after three previous missed appointments) get my dealer to come out and update the LX3310 software.

It took much less time than they originally thought—they’d estimated an hour, but it took less than 15 minutes.

I don’t notice a difference in operation yet, but most of the problems I was having with stalling were in cold weather, and I’m well into Spring weather now.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Finally crossing this off the list. My dealer was able to squeeze me in last week and sent a tech out to my house to flash the LX3310. The tech was here about an hour, most of that time he spent running the machine. I wasn't home, so I'm not sure of the details, just that it was completed.