LX3310 error codes

Radfisher

Equipment
BX2660, 54" mower deck, 50" snowblower, 60" snowplow blade, FEL
Oct 9, 2010
Homer, Alaska
Hi folks, I currently have a BX2660 tractor and implements and I'm looking to upgrade to the LX3310. I see that with the newer style engine, error codes occur over the time of operation. Do these error codes only can be cleared by the dealer with a laptop downloaded with the Kubota software, or do they clear once the problem is fixed. The closet dealer to me is over 200 miles away and 'm inquiring if I should to purchase the software? Have any of you bought the software and used it?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Hi folks, I currently have a BX2660 tractor and implements and I'm looking to upgrade to the LX3310. I see that with the newer style engine, error codes occur over the time of operation. Do these error codes only can be cleared by the dealer with a laptop downloaded with the Kubota software, or do they clear once the problem is fixed. The closet dealer to me is over 200 miles away and 'm inquiring if I should to purchase the software? Have any of you bought the software and used it?
You cannot buy the software. It is only available to dealers and further is very expensive so not every mechanic at a dealership would have access to it.

Most codes will reset but finding the problem to fix that caused the code in the first place without the software is a concern.

I have attached a post from another L series owner on code reset procedures.

Dave

edit: also attached the 292 page L DTC manual Sorry the file is too big. Will contact you via private conversation

Attachments

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
Have you considered an LX2610. It is a mechanically controlled motor (no computer) the only electronics are the dash and the operator presence controller. Also when I bought mine the dealer sold me the WSM for it on a thumb drive for $15. Because the loader valve is mounted on the tractor not the loader the WSM also covers the hydraulics.

Now if you need the PTO hp of the LX3310 then the 2610 idea will not work for you.
In my case I got the ROPs version with the large R4 tires. I have too many trees to risk a cab tractor with as I would need the glass company on speed dial :)
My LX2610 weights 3555 pounds with RimGuard (beet juice) in the back tires.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Lynx

Equipment
LX3310HSDCC, LA535 FEL, K64-22-7CF Snowblower, Wallenstein BX52S wood chipper,
Dec 5, 2021
Desbarats, Ontario
New-ish LX3310 owner here.......
Stopped in at my dealer yesterday to pick up some grease, and was told by the service manager that there is a some kind of a "recall" on my tractor for a software upgrade to fix an issue with "error codes".
Said he was planning to call me next week, and is putting a schedule together to have a mechanic come out to affected owners locations to do the software upgrade.
Said it should take about a half an hour.
Note that I am only 20 minutes from my dealer.
No idea how dealers will handle more remote customers, or if it's even possible for an owner to do it themselves without some kind of specialized equipment / computer interface.

My LX3310 has been fine ( 19 hrs so far, and REALLY happy with it ) and I have not seen any error codes, but apparently there is some issue Kubota is aware of, and is fixing in older LX3310's.

My tractor was delivered to the dealer in October of 2021.

Radfisher

Equipment
BX2660, 54" mower deck, 50" snowblower, 60" snowplow blade, FEL
Oct 9, 2010
Homer, Alaska
Thanks for your replies. I gonna go with the LX2610 HSDC R14 tires with wheel spacers cause I need tire chains in the winter, FEL, pallet forks, 54” bucket, LX2980 snowblower with hydraulic shoot rotation and deflector adjustment, the land pride FDR1660 finish mower, Land Pride RB1672 Rear scraper blade with hydraulic angulation, and one set of rear remote hydraulic brake. Oh I currently have a 4 foot box blade but I know that isn’t wide enough to cover the tire tracks therefore I’ll get a 5 foot land pride box blade later on.

AJS

Equipment
Kubota LX3310, LX2980, LA535 with 54 inch bucket, rear blade
May 29, 2022
Maple Falls, WA
Thanks for your replies. I gonna go with the LX2610 HSDC R14 tires with wheel spacers cause I need tire chains in the winter, FEL, pallet forks, 54” bucket, LX2980 snowblower with hydraulic shoot rotation and deflector adjustment, the land pride FDR1660 finish mower, Land Pride RB1672 Rear scraper blade with hydraulic angulation, and one set of rear remote hydraulic brake. Oh I currently have a 4 foot box blade but I know that isn’t wide enough to cover the tire tracks therefore I’ll get a 5 foot land pride box blade later on.
Apologies for coming so late to this thread. I just joined and saw your post and felt I should pass along my experience since it directly relates to your decision.

I sold my L2800 because I wanted a good front snowblower driven by a mid PTO. I purchased the LX2610 on the advice of a salesperson - though I take full responsibility. I got the LX2980 blower. As soon as I operated the LX2610 on my long and fairly steep gravel driveway I know it would not work for me. It clearly did not have enough power to operate the blower going up hill at anything but a very slow speed; it would take me way too long to clear my drive. The 5HP drop from my L2800 was a problem.

I see (manuals) that the LX2980 wants a PTO with at least 19.5HP - the rated PTO power of the LX2610, so the blower would be operating at it's low limit power range. I think this would be OK on level ground without such a long area to blow, but not with a long drive and hill.

Fortunately my dealer had one LX3310 in stock and allowed me to upgrade, taking back the LX2610. I'm a bit anxious about the relatively new tech in the LX3310 and appreciate the mechanical design of the LX2610. But I really need the power.

If you have level terrain and not a huge area you will likely be fine with the 2610/2980 combination. I've seen enough videos with that setup working well. But if you have more challenging terrain, you may wish to consider the 3310.

I realize it's obnoxious to post this after you have made the decision, and again apologize for the bad forum protocol. But if you are experiencing the typical supply chain issues and are waiting for your new machine perhaps you have a window to reconsider. And there may be LX2610 owners out there who have more experience with that platform and can give a better informed opinion.

Good luck with your new machine.