Lx2610 opinion

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
I mow 6-6 acres with my LX2610 with turf tires. We have had a lot of rain this summer and the grass has a high moisture content so lot of build up on the deck. It comes off in less than five minutes but going back on takes me longer due to a shoulder injury. Nice even cut with the 60" deck but I am going to a rear finish mower so I don't have to keep pulling the deck weekly to clean it.

The turf tires don't tear up the yard but I have several plugs in the front tires because of thorny bushes.

No complaints on the performance of the tractor and no quality control issues. 165 hours on it in 14 months of ownership. The only two things I'd do differently is forgo the mid-mount mower and swap the turf tires for R14's.
Just received my new LX2610 last week and have only driven it around a bit to find the feel of it. I did order it with the R14 tires as I got tired of all the thorn punctures in the front tires of my B7200. I even tried Kevlar liners with tubes but one of them kept pinching the tube.
With the cab and higher stance I certainly do not find it as stable on uneven ground as the B7200 and will certainly have to be a lot more cautious with it. I also did not order a MMM as I found the mower a pain to have to frequently remove and install on my B7200. I purchased a 60" zero turn a couple of years ago. The only issue with it is why didn't I do it earlier.
I hope to purchase a landpride grapple in the future for moving brush from my 25 acre woodlot. I do not need to lift large logs unless a decided to take to a sawmill. Chainsaw works great here to lighten the load.

Reactions: 2 users

jrsavoie

Equipment
2022 LX2610, 1963 JD4010, 1975 Ford backhoe, 1996 Toro 223D, 1999 Toro Groun325D
May 3, 2011
Clifton, Illinois
We have found on other machines that slick plate helps to keep the grass from sticking