LX2610 Mid Mount Mower Height setting

dkelley360

Equipment
LX2610
Mar 16, 2022
Michigan
I recently purchased a LX2610 with the 60" mid mount mower. I was reading the manual the other day and I saw that you set the deck height by adjusting the front wheels and the rear center wheels. But I could not find anything in the manual that stated if you should put the full weight of the deck on the wheels when mowing. We have always cut grass with a Ford 1320 and a 60" mid mount mower. In the manual for that tractor it states to only lower the mower until the wheels are just barely touching the ground, keeping the weight on the tractor not the wheels of the mower. Just wondering what everyone else does with their kubota deck.

Reactions: 1 user

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
I recently purchased a LX2610 with the 60" mid mount mower. I was reading the manual the other day and I saw that you set the deck height by adjusting the front wheels and the rear center wheels. But I could not find anything in the manual that stated if you should put the full weight of the deck on the wheels when mowing. We have always cut grass with a Ford 1320 and a 60" mid mount mower. In the manual for that tractor it states to only lower the mower until the wheels are just barely touching the ground, keeping the weight on the tractor not the wheels of the mower. Just wondering what everyone else does with their kubota deck.
Just having looked at the specs for your mower, yes it floats on the ground and cutting height is set by the gauge wheels.
How does it raise and lower ( or is it always in the cutting height position?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Just having looked at the specs for your mower, yes it floats on the ground and cutting height is set by the gauge wheels.
How does it raise and lower ( or is it always in the cutting height position?
I looked up a YouTube and see how it raises and lowers and it’s the same as a BX but YES it rides the ground on the gauge wheels

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Thank you! So essentially I could drop the 3 point all the way down if I wanted to?
That’s what you have to do in order for the gauge wheels to set your cut height. Otherwise, lifting the 3 point arms raises the wheels. I would think you can raise the deck (like I do on my BX) for roots, etc., or any obstacle that would interfere or damage your blades…then drop it when the obstacle is cleared.

jrsavoie

Equipment
2022 LX2610, 1963 JD4010, 1975 Ford backhoe, 1996 Toro 223D, 1999 Toro Groun325D
May 3, 2011
Clifton, Illinois
Thank you! So essentially I could drop the 3 point all the way down if I wanted to?
I was told the 3 point low setting Needs to be at 4 if the deck is not pinned up.

No explanation was given.
This is the most complicated belly mower I've ever seen. I would not recommend a belly mower for a LX2610.

dkelley360

Equipment
LX2610
Mar 16, 2022
Michigan
I was told the 3 point low setting Needs to be at 4 if the deck is not pinned up.

No explanation was given.
This is the most complicated belly mower I've ever seen. I would not recommend a belly mower for a LX2610.
I think it's a pretty simple deck. Goes on and off pretty easy. I don't know what you are comparing it to but it is just like all the other belly mowers I've seen. My uncle had a new Holland that is a lot more complicated to put on. I would recommend it all day

jrsavoie

Equipment
2022 LX2610, 1963 JD4010, 1975 Ford backhoe, 1996 Toro 223D, 1999 Toro Groun325D
May 3, 2011
Clifton, Illinois
Most of my
I think it's a pretty simple deck. Goes on and off pretty easy. I don't know what you are comparing it to but it is just like all the other belly mowers I've seen. My uncle had a new Holland that is a lot more complicated to put on. I would recommend it all day
Most of my Experience is with old John Deeres.

Far simpler than this. Should have kept the 400 I sold last year. - for less than the cost of this mmm. The 400 was Lot's easier than this. For me anyway. Too much, hard to reach, stuff on this LX. Just pinning the deck up is a major pain.

I'm old and fat. I don't do well crawling around.

Since you have an LX2610 with a belly mower. Can you mow with the deck hanging?

Such as today, I was mowing with the Toro through some really tall stuff. I would raise the deck and hit it. Then lower the deck and hit it again.

From what I read, that is not recommended with the LX2610.
Am I understanding that correctly?

It wouldn't be tall if the dealership had got the LX2610 put together a month earlier or more.

dkelley360

Equipment
LX2610
Mar 16, 2022
Michigan
Most of my

Most of my Experience is with old John Deeres.

Far simpler than this. Should have kept the 400 I sold last year. - for less than the cost of this mmm. The 400 was Lot's easier than this. For me anyway. Too much, hard to reach, stuff on this LX. Just pinning the deck up is a major pain.

I'm old and fat. I don't do well crawling around.

Since you have an LX2610 with a belly mower. Can you mow with the deck hanging?

Such as today, I was mowing with the Toro through some really tall stuff. I would raise the deck and hit it. Then lower the deck and hit it again.

From what I read, that is not recommended with the LX2610.
Am I understanding that correctly?

It wouldn't be tall if the dealership had got the LX2610 put together a month earlier or more.
What did you read that said it was not recommended to cut with the deck raised? I don't see why that would cause an issue. I've done it a few times when making paths in the field. I also typically start the deck with it raised and then lower it down.

jrsavoie

Equipment
May 3, 2011
Clifton, Illinois
What did you read that said it was not recommended to cut with the deck raised? I don't see why that would cause an issue. I've done it a few times when making paths in the field. I also typically start the deck with it raised and then lower it down.
Something the dealership said and the way I read the manual, it seemed that the deck weight was supposed to be sitting on the deck wheels.
It seemed the weight of the deck wasn't supposed to be hanging.
I'm having some health issues, so sometimes it's hard to concentrate. When I just push to do things, I can really screw stuff up.

jrsavoie

Equipment
May 3, 2011
Clifton, Illinois
Must be kind of complicated. It took the dealership since March to get it hung without bending the orange piece on the 3 point the raises the deck.

jrsavoie

Equipment
May 3, 2011
Clifton, Illinois
Is there a link to adjusting the deck cut to 3"?

I thought I found something last year. We have yet to use the deck.

If anyone wants a MMM for a LX2610. We might sell it.

I don't have any find feelings for this machine.
My wife likes it. It's hers, so that's all that counts.