LX2610 Manual Says No Tire Fluid When Operating the Loader

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I don't know why they would say that but my only comment about fel use and ballast is loaded tires don't help. Only ballast behind the rear axle relieves pressure on the front axle.
BINGO!
You done broke da code!

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
BINGO!
You done broke da code!
Tire ballast won't help with loader counterbalancing, true, but the added weight at the tires that it provides will definitely add plenty of traction. That traction would is very useful with ground engaging implements, and also for added force pushing the fel into or through the materials it's handling.

canderson

Equipment
Kubota LX2610
Apr 19, 2024
Wrenshall, MN
Backhoe makes sense - leverage issue; loader must be mis-publication. I suppose in theory, you could operate a backhoe with the loader bucket attached and fill the loader bucket with weight for counterbalance. I run a LX2610 with the larger 15x19.5 tires, filled, plus DIY concrete wheel weights that weigh in at 250 lbs. each. I completely agree that if you don't have a full-time need for ballast weight, the ballast box is the way to go. However, if you have a consistent need for ballast weight, filled tires and wheel weights carry a huge advantage - no weight on the bearings. I have roughly 1,120 lbs. of ballast weight on my machine with zero lbs. of that on the bearings. It's nice being able to work the loader without the need for a box blade or other implement attached to the three point for ballast. I also have a small hobby farm and use my rig for various field management chores that require more weight.