LX2610 / LX3310 LED headlight, tail light, turn signal/hazard lights

T.C.

Equipment
LX3310HSDC
Oct 7, 2021
Maine
I had trouble finding online what the standard numbers are for the originals. To save anyone else from having to take out the bulbs twice (to figure out what the originals are and then again to replace) the originals are:

Headlight: 1073
Turn signal: 1156
Tail light: 1157

Note that 1073 and 1156 are the same form factor bulb in different wattages. So, an "1156" LED bulb will work just fine for the headlights. There's really no distinction in LEDs between these two sizes.

I went with bulbs from superbrightleds.com, based on suggestions I saw online, and in the hopes that I'd get more consistent quality than some Chinese random-letters-brand-name-of-the-week bulbs off of Amazon. I have no business relationship with them or anything like that. Here's what I got, and my initial impressions:

Headlights: 1156-CW27-T-2PK (two pack)

I looked at these, then decided not to get headlight bulbs, because the FEL mostly blocks them so it seemed like a waste... Then I forgot to remove them from my cart. :oops: So anyway... they are much brighter without being excessive, and it is more aesthetically pleasing to have cool white headlights matching the work lights, instead of a mix of warm white and cool which does look a little weird. Still, if you have a FEL it's probably not worth it. Without a FEL, I think they'd be a worthwhile improvement, assuming they last.

Time will tell how long these hold up, since they're meant as turn signals and not for steady burn.

Turn signal/Hazard: 1156-AHP28-T-2PK (two pack)

These are very bright amber LEDs. Maybe even a little too bright? 1156-A27-T-2PK (Amber version of the headlight bulb above) would be an alternative that's not quite so bright if you're worried about it.

Tail light: 1157-R27-T-2PK (two pack)

This is a red LED bulb. I'm disappointed... It's a little brighter than the stock bulbs, but not by much. I think this is less the fault of the bulb than the Kubota design though. First, the tail light doesn't have a reflector inside, so most of the light going to the side is kind of wasted, unlike the headlights where it gets redirected forward. Second, this is a dual brightness (tail light/brake light) buib, and the Kubota only operates it in low mode (tail light mode). I'm thinking about bridging the contacts to get it to run brighter.

As far as superbrightleds.com themselves:

Large selection. Shipping prices were kinda high for priority mail. Maybe because they sent two packages instead of one? Also, the headlights were sent "Adult signature required", and the other bulbs didn't need a signature!? No idea what they're thinking with that!

I'll try to remember update with a long term review once I've had them for a while.

Reactions: 1 user

Kinger

Equipment
2023 Kubota LX2610 HSDC
Feb 26, 2023
Bertram Texas
I had trouble finding online what the standard numbers are for the originals. To save anyone else from having to take out the bulbs twice (to figure out what the originals are and then again to replace) the originals are:

Headlight: 1073
Turn signal: 1156
Tail light: 1157

Note that 1073 and 1156 are the same form factor bulb in different wattages. So, an "1156" LED bulb will work just fine for the headlights. There's really no distinction in LEDs between these two sizes.

I went with bulbs from superbrightleds.com, based on suggestions I saw online, and in the hopes that I'd get more consistent quality than some Chinese random-letters-brand-name-of-the-week bulbs off of Amazon. I have no business relationship with them or anything like that. Here's what I got, and my initial impressions:

Headlights: 1156-CW27-T-2PK (two pack)

I looked at these, then decided not to get headlight bulbs, because the FEL mostly blocks them so it seemed like a waste... Then I forgot to remove them from my cart. :oops: So anyway... they are much brighter without being excessive, and it is more aesthetically pleasing to have cool white headlights matching the work lights, instead of a mix of warm white and cool which does look a little weird. Still, if you have a FEL it's probably not worth it. Without a FEL, I think they'd be a worthwhile improvement, assuming they last.

Time will tell how long these hold up, since they're meant as turn signals and not for steady burn.

Turn signal/Hazard: 1156-AHP28-T-2PK (two pack)

These are very bright amber LEDs. Maybe even a little too bright? 1156-A27-T-2PK (Amber version of the headlight bulb above) would be an alternative that's not quite so bright if you're worried about it.

Tail light: 1157-R27-T-2PK (two pack)

This is a red LED bulb. I'm disappointed... It's a little brighter than the stock bulbs, but not by much. I think this is less the fault of the bulb than the Kubota design though. First, the tail light doesn't have a reflector inside, so most of the light going to the side is kind of wasted, unlike the headlights where it gets redirected forward. Second, this is a dual brightness (tail light/brake light) buib, and the Kubota only operates it in low mode (tail light mode). I'm thinking about bridging the contacts to get it to run brighter.

As far as superbrightleds.com themselves:

Large selection. Shipping prices were kinda high for priority mail. Maybe because they sent two packages instead of one? Also, the headlights were sent "Adult signature required", and the other bulbs didn't need a signature!? No idea what they're thinking with that!

I'll try to remember update with a long term review once I've had them for a while.
Great! Thanks for sharing.