LX2610 how to slow loader drop?

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I'm still getting use to my 2680, it's very touchy dropping it. I just have to be extra careful with it when it's loaded heavily. As said though.. lower rpm's help!

Orange man hero

Equipment
LX2610HSD
Mar 12, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
I just cannot seem to buy into the "you just need to practice" idea.

In my case, from day one I did not need any practice to operate my B2910 loader. It just worked as I would have expected. And still does after 18 years. Of course I could be an extremely talented loader operator, but that is highly doubtful.

Certainly it is possible to learn to counteract problems with equipment. Feather a control to an extreme degree if that control is excessively sensitive...in order to get satisfactory results kind of thing.

But do you guys with the same tractor as the OP really feel that your loader is so sensitive that you have to be extremely careful when you operate it?

IF so I would consider that a design deficiency at minimum. But would then agree that action to deal with such a deficiency, I.E., learning to deal with it, would be necessary.
AGREE!!!

Orange man hero

Equipment
LX2610HSD
Mar 12, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
Most of the time my 2610 works fine, but then at divergent times get the same problem as original poster above. It's like you have to be over sensitive all the time waiting for that jerk.

Orange man hero

Equipment
LX2610HSD
Mar 12, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
I have a new LX3310 and am relatively new to small tractors. I am sure over time the valve will break-in a bit and I will become more skilled, but the valve does seem unnecessarily "binary" and too much caution is needed to "feather". I have operated other equipment that has more finely tuned hydraulic control, wish Kubota would have put a little more time on design of the FEL control - it could be better without a doubt.
Seems about right and true to me!

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I like the speed and finesse of the loader.

Fast/jerky/full movements will give you fast/jerky/full responses. Nice easy movements will give you nice easy responses.

It is like that on most hydraulic systems on most types of machines.

I find the valve to be very responsive (I'm at about 850hrs).

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I like the speed and finesse of the loader.

Fast/jerky/full movements will give you fast/jerky/full responses. Nice easy movements will give you nice easy responses.

It is like that on most hydraulic systems on most types of machines.

I find the valve to be very responsive (I'm at about 850hrs).
True.

Early on with my BX, I had to lift a couple things out of the pickup. Didn't have hooks on the bucket or pallet forks yet.

One was a large toolbox....had to be real careful lifting, and more so setting it down.

Learned real quick an easy touch was important...Other times, not so much.

Had loader experience before, but it was much bigger and older equipment.

It's a joystick, but I guess it's not like an XBox....not that I'd know.

Reactions: 1 user