LX2610 front weights

garycz

Equipment
L3750 loader with Bradco 9' hoe, RTV 900, M5660 Loader, LX2610
Oct 15, 2015
burlington flats
Hi, I have a LX2610 and am getting a Land pride 72" rear grooming mower, I think I should put front weights on for safety. Does Kubota make a kit fro the LX2610

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Or, you could just leave the loader on while mowing - with or without the bucket/grapple.

I have an LP 60 inch finish/grooming mower, and it works like a charm.

You also should consider that the mower is fully self supported on the ground by 4 wheels; it is not exerting downward force/weight on the tractor 3 point hitch. The mower has a great deal of float/articulation; its 4 wheels stay on the ground at all times when mowing.

Reactions: 1 user

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Hi, I have a LX2610 and am getting a Land pride 72" rear grooming mower, I think I should put front weights on for safety. Does Kubota make a kit fro the LX2610
Yes.

Kubota offers a front weight bracket suitable for mounting up to 5, 55 Lb. front weights. Be advised that both weights and bracket must be removed before mounting the FEL.

Additionally, up to 3 front weights can be mounted directly onto the front frame of the B2650. This is probably also true of the LX2610, but I advise you to verify first. The Operator's Manual of the B3350 (probably LX3310 as well but haven't checked) clearly states that 3 front weights may be mounted onto the front frame, but this is not true. Spoke to regional Kubota Rep about this about 3 years ago but do not believe that the Operator's manual has been corrected. Only way to be certain is to inspect.

In any event any front weights, whether bracket mounted or frame mounted must be removed to mount the FEL.

garycz

Equipment
Oct 15, 2015
burlington flats
Hello, thanks for the replies, great site for all us orange guys. My LX2610 was bought to replace an aging B7800. Both units were for mowing with 72" belly decks and front mount snowblowers as well as dragging the occasional carts around my acreage. I did not get a loader (nor did I have one on my B7800) because my original orange man is a L3750 had a loader and eventually a 9' bradco backhoe, my big orange a M5660 also has a loader, I did not like all the extra iron and cost for a third loader that would sit in the barn even though the dealer did his best to sell me one. My reason for going to a finish rear mount mower was the ease of putting it on the tractor versus the pain in the butt of sliding the belly mower under the tractor, I only tried the Kubota drive over method once and never again because my left side brain said not a good idea. I found a site "everythingattachments.com" via a few calls to a large Kubota dealer in PA, Messicks. They have what the name says every attachment you could want, most they make some the get from vendors. I talked to a guy Rusty and explained what I was going to do and they checked with their vendor, and sure enough they make a weight holder that bolts to the front tractor bumper on the LX (fits BX also), it was not in the "everything"system but they called the factory and were told it will fit they LX. They sent me the factory drawings and it looks as if it will bolt right up to where the snowblower quick attach is now. They also make suitcase weights to go with it. So that little problem is solved, not cheap but better than getting hurt. All in with bracket, 250#, NY sales tax and $300 shipping I will invest $1100.

Quick

Equipment
B2601, LA435, BH70, LP SGC0554 Grapple, LP RB1672 Rear Blade, King Kutter 60" BB
Sep 23, 2021
St. Clair, MO.
Equipment listed in your profile usually has a bearing on answers provided. Just something to consider.

Glad you were able to resolve your question. (-:

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Hello, thanks for the replies, great site for all us orange guys. My LX2610 was bought to replace an aging B7800. Both units were for mowing with 72" belly decks and front mount snowblowers as well as dragging the occasional carts around my acreage. I did not get a loader (nor did I have one on my B7800) because my original orange man is a L3750 had a loader and eventually a 9' bradco backhoe, my big orange a M5660 also has a loader, I did not like all the extra iron and cost for a third loader that would sit in the barn even though the dealer did his best to sell me one. My reason for going to a finish rear mount mower was the ease of putting it on the tractor versus the pain in the butt of sliding the belly mower under the tractor, I only tried the Kubota drive over method once and never again because my left side brain said not a good idea. I found a site "everythingattachments.com" via a few calls to a large Kubota dealer in PA, Messicks. They have what the name says every attachment you could want, most they make some the get from vendors. I talked to a guy Rusty and explained what I was going to do and they checked with their vendor, and sure enough they make a weight holder that bolts to the front tractor bumper on the LX (fits BX also), it was not in the "everything"system but they called the factory and were told it will fit they LX. They sent me the factory drawings and it looks as if it will bolt right up to where the snowblower quick attach is now. They also make suitcase weights to go with it. So that little problem is solved, not cheap but better than getting hurt. All in with bracket, 250#, NY sales tax and $300 shipping I will invest $1100.
Just a suggestion - try the mower without buying any weights. You may find that the way the mower rolls on its 4 wheels does not require any counter balance. If you feel that you do need weights, you can always buy them later.

Reactions: 1 user

garycz

Equipment
Oct 15, 2015
burlington flats
You are probably correct on that, the hardest part was finding weights and attachment that were not jerry rigged . I will order the mower tomorrow, put on the Pats claw quick claws on the lift arms and Looking at the grass I may just have to toss the belly mower on for the first mow, that is if it ever stops raining up here.